User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Server OS and software updates

<< < (2/13) > >>

Jim:
I did a quick reboot in the last few minutes (mid-afternoon 3/19) to bring in a couple recent security patches.  As far as I can tell, everything came back up normally.  Let me know if you notice anything that looks broken.

Jim:
I just made some security modifications, mostly restricting public reporting info, and applied the latest security patches to the server.  As far as I can tell, everything is operating normally, but let me know if you notice anything unusual.

I plan to update some versions of things next week, then do a major OS version update in mid-July.

Jim:
I'm aiming for an OS version update on TM and METAL's server one day next week.  I'll try to give a few days notice when I set a time.  There would be a few short outages if all goes well, longer if problems arise.

Jim:
I am tentatively planning to start the OS update on Monday, 7/18, around 10 AM EDT.  The whole process should take an hour or two. If all goes well, you'll barely notice, with only some brief outages when I need to boot into a new kernel and restart various updated system services for software updates that will follow the OS update.  There's always the chance of complications and a more lengthy outage.

yakra:
FreeBSD 13.1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version