Author Topic: MD point requests  (Read 382 times)

Offline IMGoph

• Last Login:Today at 02:04:01 pm
MD point requests
« on: August 06, 2023, 06:57:10 pm »
Wondering if I can get a few points in southern Maryland.

MD 5
- Fenwick Street (east of Leonardstown): Bus MD 5 starts/ends there (the route needs to be added to the list - there are signs).
- Chaptico Road: should the point be moved or a second one added at this intersection, as there is a split here?

MD 6
- Washington Avenue in La Plata

MD 234 - Horseshoe Road (at least the southern end, as that connects directly to other roads that make regional connections).

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:52:27 pm
Re: MD point requests
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 07:43:06 pm »

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:34:40 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 09:23:29 pm »
MD 5
- Fenwick Street (east of Leonardstown): Bus MD 5 starts/ends there (the route needs to be added to the list - there are signs).

As noted, MD 5 Bus in Leonardstown was decommissioned. Point for Fenwick St is already there

- Chaptico Road: should the point be moved or a second one added at this intersection, as there is a split here?

Nah, point is at the MD 238 intersection. The other side of the wye is not. Do you specifically need a point there for your travels?

Added the others.

Offline IMGoph

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 09:57:28 pm »
MD 5

As noted, MD 5 Bus in Leonardstown was decommissioned. Point for Fenwick St is already there

Nah, point is at the MD 238 intersection. The other side of the wye is not. Do you specifically need a point there for your travels?

It would help, yeah. I didn't want to be greedy, but I will gladly take one at the Y (the spot on 238 west of its terminus) if you'll add it. ;D

Added the others.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:34:40 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 11:41:57 pm »
It would help, yeah. I didn't want to be greedy

I have no problem adding points that a specific user turned on or off at, so if this is the case by all means clearly say so. You will get less pushback than if it sounds like you're suggesting a point be added for speculative benefit!

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6744
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 11:45:51 pm by Duke87 »

Offline IMGoph

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 09:43:29 am »
It would help, yeah. I didn't want to be greedy

I have no problem adding points that a specific user turned on or off at, so if this is the case by all means clearly say so. You will get less pushback than if it sounds like you're suggesting a point be added for speculative benefit!

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6744

Gotcha. Yes, I turned there yesterday.

(Sorry I wasn't perfectly blunt to start. I was unsure about what's considered acceptable to request here. Every online culture is a bit different, and I'm still learning the ropes.