Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

New page: routes traveled by number

<< < (3/6) > >>

Jim:

--- Quote from: jayhawkco on January 04, 2022, 03:41:20 pm ---Jim, I posted this in the aaroads thread, but it might have gotten missed.  Any way that the specific highways that pop up could be linked to their highway browser entries?  Useful for understanding how you've been on a route if it was concurrent with something else.

--- End quote ---

It is possible but could complicate things a bit for connected routes.

If you'd like to see every segment TM credited for you based on a concurrency, there's a massive log file generated on each site update available here: https://travelmapping.net/logs/concurrencies.log

It's much easier to deal with outside of a browser by logging into the server and using grep.  If you wanted a copy of your account's entries, I can grep out the section and email it on request.

yakra:

--- Quote from: Jim on January 04, 2022, 04:13:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: jayhawkco on January 04, 2022, 03:41:20 pm ---Jim, I posted this in the aaroads thread, but it might have gotten missed.  Any way that the specific highways that pop up could be linked to their highway browser entries?  Useful for understanding how you've been on a route if it was concurrent with something else.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
How so? Doesn't strike me as terribly difficult; am I missing something?

Jim:

--- Quote from: yakra on January 04, 2022, 04:23:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jim on January 04, 2022, 04:13:25 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
How so? Doesn't strike me as terribly difficult; am I missing something?

--- End quote ---

Just more things to grab from the DB to have the root not just the route, and I'm asking for distinct route so for example I-35, I-35E, and I-35W would appear just once each, even though TM has three connected routes that are I-35 and two each of the others.  If we wanted every chopped route in the tables, that's one thing, but here I'm just trying to keep it simple with one of each unique route entry.

osu-lsu:

--- Quote from: oscar on January 04, 2022, 10:12:33 am ---
--- Quote from: mapcat on January 04, 2022, 09:56:25 am ---
Missing numbers: 525 673 688 738 767 793 809 813 816 831 843 853 877 887 918 929 939 942 945 959 962 963 972

--- End quote ---

If you can scrounge up a 525 somewhere near you, you can jump into the game. and go straight to the top, overtaking me at 609. That will make Rothman (leader of the "get Oscar" brigade) very happy.

--- End quote ---
Mr. Roth would change the name of the game from "Get Oscar" to "Catch the Geographer."  8)

Jim:
Missing numbers now in a table, looking slightly nicer.

Routes with no number in the label are now in a separate "unnumbered" row, allowing one to find a route with a 0 more easily.  This means 0 also shows up for most in the missing numbers list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version