Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

JPN: E58 main route

(1/3) > >>

yakra:

--- Quote from: nezinscot on June 23, 2021, 01:56:59 pm ---E58
a) The branch from exit 1-1 to exit 1 is the end section of the Okinawa Expwy.  Is it a branch or just a long exit? Exit 1 is at the end of it.  The Naha Airport Road was appended to E58 at junction 1-1 in 2000.  Exit 1 was probably the original southern end of E58.

--- End quote ---
Just going on the exit numbering here, maybe could the shorter leg be considered part of the mainline route, and the other one, despite being longer, could be considered a branch to go in a separate file?
What if anything does JPN's DOT-equivalent have to say on the topic?
Do they use some form of km-posting?

Should these exits be A1(N506) etc?
Or should N506 possibly reference E58?

nezinscot:
KM posts are common on expressways.  I checked and KM 0 is at the point where Exit 1 meets P82.  The extension to the airport has a different numbering scheme - KM 0 is at the toll both where it joins the older E58 route.

I like your suggestion to make the shorter leg part of E58 and make the airport extension E58Something.   Should I make the change?  No user lists have references to E58.

yakra:

--- Quote from: nezinscot on February 12, 2022, 08:43:56 pm ---Should I make the change?

--- End quote ---
For my part, I don't know enough about the ins & outs of Japan to know whether that's appropriate.

michih:

--- Quote from: nezinscot on February 12, 2022, 08:43:56 pm ---KM posts are common on expressways.  I checked and KM 0 is at the point where Exit 1 meets P82.  The extension to the airport has a different numbering scheme - KM 0 is at the toll both where it joins the older E58 route.

I like your suggestion to make the shorter leg part of E58 and make the airport extension E58Something.   Should I make the change?  No user lists have references to E58.

--- End quote ---

Go for it if si404 - who drafted the system - is fine with it.

I think it is a rare case where an update entry is not required. Not because there is no traveler yet but because it is only a technically TM change which is not relevant for historic reason.

si404:

--- Quote from: yakra on February 11, 2022, 01:24:33 pm ---Just going on the exit numbering here, maybe could the shorter leg be considered part of the mainline route, and the other one, despite being longer, could be considered a branch to go in a separate file?
--- End quote ---
I had it the other way around because we're meant to go with the longer legs as part of the mainline.

Though I can't seem to find that in the manual - was that a Tim rule that I've just assumed is something more formal?

--- Quote from: michih on February 13, 2022, 02:34:45 am ---Go for it if si404 - who drafted the system - is fine with it.
--- End quote ---
You don't need my permission (and, if anything, if you think I drafted the system wrong here, then my opinion isn't worth much). Though sure, it's nice to be asked and worth getting an explanation for why its like that to inform the decision.

I'm happy about the proposed change if there's a consensus. There's almost certainly others in Japan that could have similar treatment too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version