Author Topic: MN: MN 67 between Granite Falls and Echo  (Read 177 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 08:53:29 am
MN: MN 67 between Granite Falls and Echo
« on: May 14, 2022, 09:41:07 am »
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d8/projects/hwy67granitefallstoecho/index.html

MN 67 was closed near the Minnesota River in 2019 due to a slope failure.  In subsequent study, it was decided that it wasn't worth spending $30M to repair or realign the slope failure for 400 vehicles a day, so MnDOT is going to permanently realign MN 67 onto MN 274 and Yellow Medicine CSAH 2.  MN 274 will be decommissioned entirely...the short segment south of CSAH 2 will be turned back to the county.

This will impact the 3 travelers (myself included) who have clinched MN 274 and potentially impact the 27 travelers who have been on MN 67 (though not necessarily on this segment).  The segment of MN 67 in question is between the MN23_W and CR2_W waypoints.

I intend to make the change once I have either confirmation of signage or a press release from MnDOT saying the reroute is complete.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 08:53:29 am
Re: MN: MN 67 between Granite Falls and Echo
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 11:49:13 pm »
Moved this to the outlook because it's looking like this fall before the change is permanent and signed (per the project website).

Also, existing MN 67 between Granite Falls and the state park entrance will become a new route:  MN 167.