Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

New table sorting library

<< < (6/6)

Jim:

--- Quote from: michih on June 03, 2022, 11:51:35 am ---It seems that HB systems are sorted by code instead of country (first) + tier (second) now. Since the country column is the first one, it starts with Netherlands, followed by Africa, Finland and Albania now.

--- End quote ---

Initial sort is now however it came out of the DB.  I can pretty easily make it sort the way it was before, if that's the preference.  I don't know how people tend to look at that list.  I always just search for the system code I am looking for.

michih:

--- Quote from: Jim on June 03, 2022, 03:47:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: michih on June 03, 2022, 11:51:35 am ---It seems that HB systems are sorted by code instead of country (first) + tier (second) now. Since the country column is the first one, it starts with Netherlands, followed by Africa, Finland and Albania now.

--- End quote ---

Initial sort is now however it came out of the DB.  I can pretty easily make it sort the way it was before, if that's the preference.  I don't know how people tend to look at that list.  I always just search for the system code I am looking for.

--- End quote ---

I think we should keep it as-was because people are used to it. We can change it if there is any improvement but I don't see it. The system code is just a "TM internal code". Sure, old hands are used to the code but newbies don't. Newbies likely look for the country or region first.

Jim:
While I'm in hb/index.php again, any thoughts on the current practice in the "Country" column that any country name longer than 15 characters is replaced by its 3-character code?

si404:

--- Quote from: Jim on June 03, 2022, 04:55:41 pm ---While I'm in hb/index.php again, any thoughts on the current practice in the "Country" column that any country name longer than 15 characters is replaced by its 3-character code?

--- End quote ---
It's fine for USA, obviously. DRC is OK. But TTO, STP, etc are a bit "huh?".

Jim:
Now on tmstage is a version of hb/index.php that sorts by default first by country, then breaks ties with tier, then breaks ties with system name.  If no one notices any problems with that on Saturday, I'll install it on the main server.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version