Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

NY/CT: Point observations

<< < (2/4) > >>

Markkos1992:
Oh I see now.  I thought NY 400 follow Olean Rd between the two NY 16 intersections for some reason.   :pan:

cockroachking:

--- Quote from: yakra on July 24, 2022, 10:33:42 am ---Welcome to the TM forum, cockroachking, and thanks fo the corrections & suggestions!

1-2. Done.
3. Relabeled JuneRd.
4. Whoopsie. This was originally PostHillRd, but was erroneously changed back in 2018. Holding off on making changes for the moment, as "CR10" is in use in cockroachking.list only -- do you need Post Hill Rd, or the actual CR 10 farther south?
5. AshfAve added, as it connects to a Saw Mill River Pkwy interchange.
6-7. NY9A/100 point added to SawMillPkwy. No new point on NY9A/100. This is sufficient to keep the lines from crossing.
8. I don't see any compelling reason to add a new point here. I would remove CR28 from NY9D, but OldHopRd is in use.
9. +X19 replaced with a visible point at BinMilRd. This is the only solution that keeps shaping within tolerance without increasing the total number of points.
10. See vdeane's post.
11. Changed to TicFry. I'll put a note in the pull request to ping froggie. This reminds me of NJ US9, which was similarly changed pretty early in TM's lifetime.
12-13. Repositioned, though normally this is pretty low priority.
14. Repositioned. I thought about adding a point (or even 2) for *OldI-84, but didn't, at least for now. At the E end, the old & new alignments separate at just about exactly the diverge point for the old WB exit 24. 1PPI would imply leaving that one out. W end, the point would wanna be at the Nolan Bridge. With the aux lane setup there, it's kinda borderline 1PPI with both 23 and 24. I'm not including an updates entry, though this is arguably newsworthy. Discuss!

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5934

--- End quote ---

1. Thank you
2. Thank you
3. Thank you
4. I have only taken it up to the real CR10 intersection. Nevertheless, I would still say that having the CR10 waypoint would be more useful in general, since it is a county route, rather than a one lane residential road like PostHillRd.
5. Thank you
6. Noted, makes sense
7. Thank you
8. I trust your judgement.
9. Thank you
10. Interesting. The Traffic Data Viewer still shows NY96 going all the way to East Main, so I guess even NYSDOT is conflicting itself. Typical  ::)
11. Thank you
12. Thank you
13. Thank you
14. Thanks. I personally don't think that the *OldI-84 point is necessary either due to 1PPI.

cockroachking:
Any changes to the CR10 point on TacStaPkwy yet? I think that is the only thing left that needs to be fixed here.

cockroachking:

--- Quote from: cockroachking on August 09, 2022, 09:19:01 am ---Any changes to the CR10 point on TacStaPkwy yet? I think that is the only thing left that needs to be fixed here.

--- End quote ---

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5968

Since nothing has been done yet in regard to this point, I went ahead and put in a pull request on Github.

mapcat:

--- Quote from: cockroachking on August 19, 2022, 01:41:21 pm ---Since nothing has been done yet in regard to this point, I went ahead and put in a pull request on Github.

--- End quote ---

Don't do that. There is a collaborator who volunteers to maintain New York (yakra) and unless he authorizes someone else to make changes, he's the only one who should be making edits in his regions. Be patient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version