Author Topic: NC: NC581 Connector missing  (Read 453 times)

Offline IMGoph

• Last Login:Yesterday at 03:30:00 pm
NC: NC581 Connector missing
« on: July 21, 2022, 10:38:52 pm »
Now, I know that the fact that this is apparently unsigned is a striket against including it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Highway_581#Goldsboro_connector), but take a look at the map around Goldsboro. Between the southern end of I-795 and NC581, we have a bit of freeway that isn't clinchable in the database. That should be included, and I think we can overlook the unsigned nature of this short segment. Thoughts?

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:41:05 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: NC: NC581 Connector missing
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 11:01:46 pm »
Now, I know that the fact that this is apparently unsigned is a striket against including it (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Highway_581#Goldsboro_connector), but take a look at the map around Goldsboro. Between the southern end of I-795 and NC581, we have a bit of freeway that isn't clinchable in the database. That should be included, and I think we can overlook the unsigned nature of this short segment. Thoughts?

We have a route set that is home to freeways with no signed route numbers. That's where we put Florida's Turnpike, for example, as well as some shorter freeways. But not as short as the NC 581 Connector, only 0.8 mile long.

In North America, numbered routes known to be unsigned are really rare in our database. I think the exceptions are all far longer than NC 581 Connector. They also are only in our Arctic jurisdictions, where signage customs are different than in the lower 48, and even on a signed route you can easily drive more than 100 miles without seeing any route number signage.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:18:03 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: NC: NC581 Connector missing
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 02:31:05 pm »
concur on no-build given current policy