Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

NY: Point Request (US 11)

(1/3) > >>

webny99:
An AAroads regular here but new to the TM forum -

I wanted to request that a new point be added on US 11 in NY between NY392 and NY41_E at Blodgett Mills Rd. It could be called BloMilRd or similar.

More generally I also wanted to ask - is this type of request appropriate, and is this the appropriate place to put it? (I don't want to spam new point requests, but I have noticed some routes have a much lower volume of points than others and that does make it harder to log my travels accurately. For one of the more egregious examples, compare NY414 to nearby NY89 - the former has points almost exclusively at state route junctions, while the latter has points every few miles. I'm curious what makes the difference and how hard it is to add new points. Any insight appreciated!)

Thank you!

Markkos1992:
You're good.  The state/region maintainer (in this case yakra) will decide whether or not to include that point.

webny99:
OK, thanks!

Another US 11 point suggestion: CR 31/Jennings Creek Rd between NY79_W and NY221.

Like Blodgett Mills Rd, this is a Tioughnioga River crossing, so it's a notable entry/exit point to US 11 from points west.

webny99:
In case there's a chance that the above two point requests will be considered, here are a few more that I would like to submit for consideration:

US9W: between CR10 and US44_E at CR11 (this is an important one as CR11 is an important connector from US 44 EB to the Mid-Hudson Bridge) (41.696565, -73.967269) 
NY3: between NY180 and I-81 at OldRomStaRd (43.969665, -75.986294)
NY22: between JerSt and Dock St at MidRd (bypass of Essex) (44.307194, -73.380887)
NY77: between NY78/98 and US20AltGen at PerRd (42.704827, -78.387899)

Also, is there a standard for if/when points should be included when a route makes a turn or series of turns? NY 93 in Akron, NY 96 in Waterloo, and NY 31 in Clyde all have multiple turns that lack points. NY 93 in particular has 4 turns in a single segment.

Markkos1992:

--- Quote ---Also, is there a standard for if/when points should be included when a route makes a turn or series of turns? NY 93 in Akron, NY 96 in Waterloo, and NY 31 in Clyde all have multiple turns that lack points. NY 93 in particular has 4 turns in a single segment.
--- End quote ---

The only rule is that the routes stay within lateral (within the two red lines in the WP Editor).  For turns in a route, it is otherwise maintainer preference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version