Author Topic: CA: Broken concurrency in Southern Calif with CA/usaush routes  (Read 1103 times)

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 02:31:28 pm
CA: Broken concurrency in Southern Calif with CA/usaush routes
« on: November 15, 2022, 01:39:22 pm »
Noticed two broken concurrencies in southern CA.

One is with CA111Pal and US99HisInd. The segment on CA111Pal between PalmSprLim and CA111Bus_S should be concurrent with US99HisInd. It may be as simple as adding adding a waypoint on US99His at PalmSprLim and removing the hidden shaping point there or changing the current hidden waypoint to a visible one (or something like that).

The other is with CA66 and US66HisAzu. Not sure which waypoint is causing the issue (PepAve at one end or MtVerAve/CA66_E at the other). Guessing one or the other is a NMP. Whatever the cause, the 2.29 mile segment should be concurrent.

Offline cockroachking

• Last Login:Yesterday at 11:44:15 pm
Re: CA: Broken concurrency in Southern Calif with CA/usaush routes
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 11:51:59 am »
The other is with CA66 and US66HisAzu. Not sure which waypoint is causing the issue (PepAve at one end or MtVerAve/CA66_E at the other). Guessing one or the other is a NMP. Whatever the cause, the 2.29 mile segment should be concurrent.
Worth noting that between Euclid Ave and Vineyard Ave further west, there is also a broken concurrency with these two routes. The issue with this one seems to be the fact that CA66 has a point at Campus Ave while US66HisAzu does not.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:03:34 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 12:52:32 pm »
All of this seems to be that usaush routes in CA (which were drafted while I was in the middle of overhauling usaca and other routes) still need to synch up with changes made to usaca as that system was readied for activation. There might be more such changes elsewhere in southern California, not limited to NMPs.

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 02:31:28 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 03:51:52 pm »
All of this seems to be that usaush routes in CA (which were drafted while I was in the middle of overhauling usaca and other routes) still need to synch up with changes made to usaca as that system was readied for activation. There might be more such changes elsewhere in southern California, not limited to NMPs.

I suspected that might be the case. I noticed the two I mentioned having just driven them this past weekend.