User Discussions > Other Discussion

Trip planning/directions

(1/5) > >>

mapcat:
My planned Christmas-New Year's trip got nixed by the weather, but I took a photo of Monday's itinerary before throwing it away just because I'm curious about how other people write out their itineraries/trip plans/directions, or whatever you call them. I write these out so I can make notes while I'm driving about TM data, and then file them so I have a record of where I went in case anything changes in the future (such as the recent extension of IN 237 along a county road, which I was happy to discover I'd driven a few years ago).

Link

What do yours look like? Do you have a template? Special shorthand to simplify directions?

Happy holidays and safe travels, everyone.

Markkos1992:
I pretty much write down my route plans on a separate sheet of paper, and then write everything down in my notebook after the trip.

the_spui_ninja:
You guys write things down? I just come up with it as I go and hope I have time to log... life with a screaming baby lol.

Markkos1992:

--- Quote from: Markkos1992 on December 24, 2022, 03:09:56 pm ---I pretty much write down my route plans on a separate sheet of paper, and then write everything down in my notebook after the trip.

--- End quote ---

Here is a link to my notebook from my trip Tuesday to NC.

mapcat:

--- Quote from: the_spui_ninja on December 24, 2022, 03:32:50 pm ---You guys write things down? I just come up with it as I go and hope I have time to log... life with a screaming baby lol.

--- End quote ---
I have to write things down beforehand, since the directions are usually pretty complicated. I don't like taking notes while I'm on the trip, so I cross my fingers and hope all goes to plan. Any deviations get noted when necessary.

My screaming baby just turned 20, but I learned to avoid mixing clinchtrips with family trips before she was born, which usually led to harmony. She accompanied me enough to develop an appreciation for driving for the sake of driving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version