User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Site update now using C++ version

(1/2) > >>

Jim:
Tonight's production site update was the first done with the C++ site update program written by @yakra.  It's much more efficient than the Python version I developed initially, and which he has extended and improved greatly over the last few years, in parallel with the C++ development.

First, thanks to @yakra for taking this on and getting it all to this point.

Second, there's of course some chance that bugs will show up.  If you notice anything that looks like it's not quite right, let us know.

yakra:
For those who want to try out the C++ datacheck.sh on noreaster, just change your directory to
siteupdate/cplusplus instead of siteupdate/python-teresco.
Then, type sh datacheck.sh as you normally would.

michih:
Thanks! The data check is very, very quick! The initial loading of the classes takes about 30s but my first data check using C++ took just 44s, the 2nd one 40s. That helps a lot when we have to fix errors :)

@yakra + @Jim: Will you maintain the Python version in the future, or should all (hwy data managers) switch to C++?
Nevertheless, the Github docu needs to be updated. It's linked from devel.php.

Edit: I simply run:
--- Code: ---cd ~/DataProcessing/siteupdate/cplusplus
git pull
sh datacheck.sh
--- End code ---

Jim:
In the short term, I'd like to keep the two versions aligned.  But once I get a little more familiar with the C++ code and we've been using it for a while with no problems, we'll probably retire the Python version.

Jim:
Also: https://github.com/TravelMapping/DataProcessing/issues/548

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version