User Discussions > Welcome & Notices

Archives of logs/stats/graphs now web-accessible

(1/2) > >>

Jim:
As part of the revamping of the site update and datacheck scripts, I'm making archives of TM logs and other files available on the public part of the TM website.  It's not pretty at all for now, and probably isn't worth the effort to make it so, but you can browse around to find what you're looking for like it's a mid 1990s web server without an index file:

https://travelmapping.net/updates

Click on any timestamp there and then you can click through to logs and other things from site updates in days gone by.  Of particular interest to many might be to go into logs/users and see your old travel logs.  In the monthly_snapshots directory there are some monthly archives I've been keeping on the first of (almost) every month for a few years.

Site updates going forward will automatically end up in the updates directory.  I'll periodically move appropriate ones into the monthly_snapshots directory and remove others that are more than a few months old.

Before anyone asks, I don't think it's currently feasible to keep archives of all data in a live DB server that would allow browsing back through earlier stats and maps using the web front end.  Maybe some day.

Note: the content in each archive directory (before today) is actually from the site update one prior to the update started at the listed time.  So while it looks like data as of the first day of each month in the snapshots, it's really usually from the last day of the previous month.  For updates run going forward, the timestamps will be that of the actual update.

yakra:
Any plans to fix the date issue? That could be automated pretty easily with a shell script.

Jim:

--- Quote from: yakra on January 13, 2023, 06:07:03 pm ---Any plans to fix the date issue? That could be automated pretty easily with a shell script.

--- End quote ---

Wasn't planning on it.

michih:
Should we add the link to the site? I don't know where a good place would be.

The Developer Logs page is likely a bad place.

Jim:
I do want a link, but also not sure where it fits best.  I am open to suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version