User Discussions > Other Discussion

Project Statistics

<< < (62/68) > >>

Markkos1992:

--- Quote from: webny99 on August 16, 2022, 05:19:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: andrepoiy on August 16, 2022, 05:02:17 pm ---I'm surprised Wyoming has more travellers than Ontario... given that Wyoming's population is 500k and Ontario is 13 million

--- End quote ---

You'd probably also be surprised by how many US travelers have never been to Canada. Unlike Canada, much of the US population doesn't live near the border, so crossing it seems like a big deal.  ;)

North Dakota is the only lower-48 state with fewer travelers than Ontario, with 112 (Ontario has 144).

--- End quote ---

I am one of them.  I never even have seen Canada until my recent visit to Niagara Falls on the US Side.

Jim:
Mapview in its current implementation is definitely not meant to be zoomed out too much.  If you do, be prepared to wait for the data to be pulled from the database, for that data to be transmitted to your browser, and for your browser to decipher it and plot it on the map.

yakra:
I've thought about CHM-style maps for heavy-duty applications like this.
But at least with where my coding knowledge is currently at, it's a steep hill to climb.

michih:

--- Quote from: webny99 on August 16, 2022, 03:40:45 pm ---Inspired by some of the earlier discussion about what states have the most travelers, I made this map for the US and Canada:
--- End quote ---

Great :)

--- Quote from: Markkos1992 on August 16, 2022, 04:12:43 pm ---I believe that we can make a similar map in Mapview now for each specific segment (if your computer can handle all of the memory for each region in North America, etc.) via using Color by Traveler Count instead of Highway System Colors.
--- End quote ---

Sure, but it doesn't sum up per region.

Bickendan:
Amusing that Washington holds more TM tracking than Oregon.

Be awesome if a similar map for Europe could be generated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version