User Discussions > Other Discussion

Project Statistics

<< < (63/68) > >>

si404:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on August 18, 2022, 04:49:33 am ---Be awesome if a similar map for Europe could be generated.
--- End quote ---
The 'banana' is surprisingly dominant. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so.

webny99:

--- Quote from: si404 on August 18, 2022, 10:37:08 am ---
--- Quote from: Bickendan on August 18, 2022, 04:49:33 am ---Be awesome if a similar map for Europe could be generated.
--- End quote ---
The 'banana' is surprisingly dominant. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so.

--- End quote ---

Nice! I guess I might as well post this one too seeing as I'd already made it, but I think I like yours better, broken down by region.    :D

michih:
I just want to note that we are only 11 routes away from having 50,000 active routes, and 3,634 miles from 1.2 million active miles.
I think that either oscar with usaca or si404 with isrr+lsoa+gnbn+gabn activation will do the trick (hopefully soon) :)

oscar:

--- Quote from: michih on September 20, 2022, 12:39:06 pm ---I just want to note that we are only 11 routes away from having 50,000 active routes, and 3,634 miles from 1.2 million active miles.
I think that either oscar with usaca or si404 with isrr+lsoa+gnbn+gabn activation will do the trick (hopefully soon) :)

--- End quote ---

Looks like si404 beat me to the punch on one or both thresholds. I was going to hold off until the next system update, to make sure my latest pull requests (which Si has merged) made usaca ready for activation, before submitting my activation pull requests. That would also make sure my activation requests don't conflict with Si's.

usaca is a huge system, with 268 routes and about 11,000 miles. By itself it would easily exceed the above thresholds, even if Si's new systems somehow don't. 

andrepoiy:

--- Quote from: webny99 on August 16, 2022, 05:19:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: andrepoiy on August 16, 2022, 05:02:17 pm ---I'm surprised Wyoming has more travellers than Ontario... given that Wyoming's population is 500k and Ontario is 13 million

--- End quote ---

You'd probably also be surprised by how many US travelers have never been to Canada. Unlike Canada, much of the US population doesn't live near the border, so crossing it seems like a big deal.  ;)

North Dakota is the only lower-48 state with fewer travelers than Ontario, with 112 (Ontario has 144).

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but given that the Northeast+Midwest (which has a sizable number of the US population) is closer to the Windsor-Quebec corridor in Canada (which also has a majority of Canada's population) than to Wyoming, I thought that Canada would be a more likely destination than Wyoming

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version