Author Topic: New Mapview on tmtest  (Read 11192 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
Re: New Mapview on tmtest
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2020, 05:01:11 pm »
The tmtest version of Mapview now offers selection to load by region and/or system in the popup that comes up on a generic page load or when you hit the "Jump" button.  If you choose at least one region or system, the coords and zoom level will be ignored, and auto-loading of all visible segments is deselected.

I don't think there's a great way to support rte= or cr= through the popup.  country= can be done, but looks to require quite a bit more work for what I suspect is little benefit over having to select all regions (use shift to select multiple) or by just reloading the page with country= in the QS params.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2020, 01:43:07 pm »
I don't think there's a great way to support rte= or cr= through the popup.

I never got why you wanted to support this. Except... if you want to use it as HB..... I think that this could be really nice!

country= can be done, but looks to require quite a bit more work for what I suspect is little benefit over having to select all regions (use shift to select multiple) or by just reloading the page with country= in the QS params.

To be honest, I tested the multi-selection but.... don't like it. I'd like to have a selection by country (and by continent) - in general*. What's the additional effort? We have "countries.csv", "continents.csv", "regions_countries_continents.csv" and "regions.csv". Is country and continent info not in DB?

*Also and especially for stats!

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2020, 01:54:35 pm »
I'd like to have a selection by country (and by continent) - in general*. What's the additional effort? We have "countries.csv", "continents.csv", "regions_countries_continents.csv" and "regions.csv". Is country and continent info not in DB?

*Also and especially for stats!

The info is all there in the DB, but not the JS/PHP/SQL to make it all happen.  I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to have it in Mapview given how much data most would load in, but I think it makes total sense to have stats pages by country and continent in addition to the current region and system.  I'll make an Issue.  Added to Issue: https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/360
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:58:09 pm by Jim »