Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

itass: Italy Strade Statali

(1/33) > >>

Spinoza:
Hi,
if you'll ever want to implement Italian Strada Statale (SS) network into the site, ANAS (State owned managing company) has released its complete registry:

http://www.stradeanas.it/it/le-strade/anas-regione

It is divided by region and it shows all the roads currently nominated SS.

Edited to pluralise name of system

si404:
Excellent, thanks.

michih:
@Spinoza: We currently work on splitting some European regions like it's already done for USA, Canada, China, Mexico,... The first step is splitting Spain, then Germany, so that we can add the next tier 5 level systems afterwards. We will break user list files once this will go live. For that reason, I think we should make all splits at once. I think if we ever wanna add the next Italian system - I guess it's SP -, I think we also have to spilt Italy into regions. For that reason, it's fine, that ANAS has divided the map into regions. Is there also any info about SP routes? Generally, what do you think about adding them somewhere down the road (2018, 2019, 2020,...)?

Sorry, again, I just wanna do the split action only once to bother our users only once....

si404:

--- Quote from: michih on June 29, 2017, 12:35:43 pm ---I think if we ever wanna add the next Italian system - I guess it's SP -, I think we also have to spilt Italy into regions. For that reason, it's fine, that ANAS has divided the map into regions. Is there also any info about SP routes? Generally, what do you think about adding them somewhere down the road (2018, 2019, 2020,...)?
--- End quote ---
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strada_regionale - It's SR (though they seem rare). SP are another layer down!

Spinoza:

--- Quote from: michih on June 29, 2017, 12:35:43 pm ---@Spinoza: We currently work on splitting some European regions like it's already done for USA, Canada, China, Mexico,... The first step is splitting Spain, then Germany, so that we can add the next tier 5 level systems afterwards. We will break user list files once this will go live. For that reason, I think we should make all splits at once. I think if we ever wanna add the next Italian system - I guess it's SP -, I think we also have to spilt Italy into regions. For that reason, it's fine, that ANAS has divided the map into regions. Is there also any info about SP routes? Generally, what do you think about adding them somewhere down the road (2018, 2019, 2020,...)?

Sorry, again, I just wanna do the split action only once to bother our users only once....

--- End quote ---

si404 is right, SR is between SS and SP, but to make things worse, they are not present in all the Italian regions. The only regions to allow such denomination are Abruzzo, Umbria, Toscana, Lazio, Piemonte, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Veneto and Puglia.

Another layer of complication, due to the particular legal status of Provinces Trento and Bolzano/Südtirol (which have simultaneous rights of provinces, regions and state), the SS are managed by the provinces but retain their original SS denomination.

As for provincial roads (SP) it should be easy to find out the former SS which are now managed by provinces... but the original SP, which have never been SS, are somewhat harder to identify. I guess some provinces mantain a comprehensive list of them, some others don't...

Italy's a mess...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version