Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

itass: Italy Strade Statali

<< < (25/33) > >>

panda80:

--- Quote from: michih on September 30, 2021, 12:52:51 pm ---

* The possibility to draft the tier 5 systems (sure, this will likely only happen in the remote future)
* The possibility to track travels region by region
* The possibility to compare region stats
* The possibility to see that you've clinched a region (or that you are close to....)

--- End quote ---

You have the stats for a region, but than it's more difficult to see the stats for a country. Maybe for hardcore users, that like to invest a lot of time in TM and don't care about having to write much more lines after a trip (like us), it's ok, but for normal Joe travellers it's much more difficult. Noticed it as I introduced the A9 in Germany in my daughter list, after we drove from Munich to Berlin. Before the splitting of Germany you would have written 1 line, now you have to write about 20 lines, having to invest about 20-30 minutes in introducing this one motorway to your list file. I think Chriszwolle mentioned this aspect as he send his feedback about TM. I think he didn't updated his list afterwards.

Jim:
With the 6-field .list entries, A9 for emmaf would only need a single line:

DEU-BB A9 1 DEU-BY A9 76

si404:
You can use the .list tool to make entries from this (got by simply clicking 'View Connected Route' on any chopped section). Doesn't take very long at all to add entries across multiple regions.

A lack of country stats are a issue though.

Jim:
Country stats are certainly doable, just need to get it done.

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on October 01, 2021, 08:35:41 am ---You can use the .list tool to make entries from this (got by simply clicking 'View Connected Route' on any chopped section). Doesn't take very long at all to add entries across multiple regions.
--- End quote ---

I understand how you mean it (see Jim's post) but I still have to say: NO, you can't! You don't get the entries (by regions) but one entry only. Not good for users who sort their list file by regions. However, I think it would be doable. Likely no big deal. E.g. just another check box in the list tool to switch from 6- to 4-field-entries in showroute.php for connected routes.

--- Quote from: Jim on October 01, 2021, 08:38:46 am ---Country stats are certainly doable, just need to get it done.
--- End quote ---

yep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version