Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

Africa Master Thread

<< < (2/4) > >>

yakra:
What to do about the Abyei Area?

michih:
Shouldn't musm be a tier 1 system instead of tier 3 and kena tier 4 instead of tier 3?

si404:

--- Quote from: yakra on April 20, 2019, 12:34:13 am ---What to do about the Abyei Area?
--- End quote ---
Cross that bridge when we come to it. Probably a separate region given how overlapping regions muck things up.
--- Quote from: michih on June 15, 2019, 04:23:17 pm ---Shouldn't musm be a tier 1 system instead of tier 3
--- End quote ---
Absolutely not - don't let the name fool you, these aren't actually motorways as you or I would see them.
--- Quote ---kena tier 4 instead of tier 3?
--- End quote ---
Maybe. They are billed as International Roads, and the system extends into Uganda because it's remnants of a system covering several modern countries

neroute2:

--- Quote from: si404 on June 17, 2019, 05:04:01 am ---
--- Quote from: michih on June 15, 2019, 04:23:17 pm ---Shouldn't musm be a tier 1 system instead of tier 3
--- End quote ---
Absolutely not - don't let the name fool you, these aren't actually motorways as you or I would see them.

--- End quote ---
They look to be up to at least Mexican toll road standards (north end of http://travelmapping.net/hb/index.php?r=mexbc.mex001d for example), and in many parts British motorway standards (which allow roundabouts on lower-traffic routes).

michih:

--- Quote from: neroute2 on June 29, 2019, 07:07:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: si404 on June 17, 2019, 05:04:01 am ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
They look to be up to at least Mexican toll road standards (north end of http://travelmapping.net/hb/index.php?r=mexbc.mex001d for example), and in many parts British motorway standards (which allow roundabouts on lower-traffic routes).
--- End quote ---

I don't know about Mexico - system was not touched since CHM times (2015 or even earlier) - but Si is right, musm is like a typical European tier 4 system. mkda comes to mind. British motorways (gbnm) have an higher standard - without(!) roundabouts. I've traveled 91% of the system so far (all one year ago) and can't remember that there is anything "sub standard". I think you mean dual carriageways which are all in gbna system - tier 4. gbnam is a special kind of A roads. I think that they do always have motorway standard too - I've only traveled 39%.

There are tier 1 systems containing routes w/o motorway standard though. Simple 2-laned routes like huge segments of Swiss A13 or German A60, A62 and A64. They are dedicated being "A" routes but the segment itself is not motorway. A similar situation is Spanish  A6. I've recently mentioned it:

--- Quote from: michih on June 23, 2019, 03:01:10 pm ---A6:
Shouldn't it be extended to the east? A6 is indicated on (some) km posts and it's even more "freeway" than Swiss A13 for instance. I think A1 is also quite substandard north of Madrid with bus stop and access to properties
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version