Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

Rest of America Master Thread

<< < (2/7) > >>

michih:

--- Quote from: vdeane on February 16, 2019, 06:52:40 pm ---Any plans to include the Autopista systems for Chile and Argentina?  They're wholly concurrent with the other numbered routes, but there is precedent for that (New Zealand).

--- End quote ---

I don't like this policy and it's different to Nea Zealand now:

--- Quote from: si404 on July 30, 2017, 11:10:30 am ---
--- Quote from: yakra on July 30, 2017, 02:00:27 am ---If all routes are concurrent to SH roads, then what's the point of having this system at all? If that's the case, I'd say scrap it.
--- End quote ---
Because it was drafted a good year beforehand? Also, nzlsh is a long way off preview status and I can always merge it in when nzlsh is activated if we don't want to highlight that these roads are motorways (or throw into a ocesm grab-bag system with Australian named motorways).

I'm pretty sure that we have other systems entirely concurrent with other systems - cantch is AFAICS (OK, cansk doesn't yet exist).
--- End quote ---

I'll continued drafting argrn system but there are many unsigned exits in Argentina. I need to check GSV but it has issues in some Argentinan regions. That's why I stopped drafting argrn last year. Once I'll have completed the system, I'll check for unsigned routes and add a system like cannf, eursf or usasf.

--- Quote from: vdeane on August 05, 2017, 06:28:17 pm ---On the one hand, I like the idea of having the system so that the major freeways are colored blue (it does look odd if a place with a freeway system doesn't have any blue routes).  On the other, it is wholly concurrent, and the distinction of what is and isn't a motorway seems arbitrary to me; I get the sense that it's used more as a legal function and not really meant to be a coherent "system" of routes.
--- End quote ---

I also like having major freeways colored blue but that's a different point.

vdeane:
It also allows people who want to track their progress on the freeway system specifically to have a separate map/stats for it.

Regarding Google Maps, it is certainly true that street view in parts of Argentina is rather unpleasant.

michih:
Ah, thread was renamed to "Rest of America" and many potential systems added. Thanks.

Duke87:
The British Virgin Islands do not have any signed numbered routes, so no system there.

neroute2:
Cuba has signed routes; here's a sign for the A1: https://www.mapillary.com/app/?focus=photo&pKey=Hk5G3vmL5VdRV9lgb3hAGA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version