Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 08:44:45 pm »
This past weekend I went out to the Pittsburgh for a Christian Conference in the area, but even with leaving after work Friday afternoon and coming back home Saturday Night, I did get a few route clinches in.

On Friday, I started by taking I-81 SB to I-70 WB in Hagerstown. While on I-70 WB, a passing tractor trailer blew tire (or some other rubber debris) onto my windshield, but thankfully no cracks or anything came out of it.  I continued on I-70 WB to I-68 WB exiting at US 40 Scenic WB so I could clinch the McFarland Rd segment of the National Road. 

As soon as I got back to US 40 Scenic, I ended up back on I-68 WB taking it to MD 144 west of US 220.  I took MD 144 to Bedford Rd (unsigned MD 807) taking Bedford St to Centre St into Cumberland to get another National Road segment before heading back to I-68 WB ultimately taking US 40 WB into PA.  I generally followed US 40 WB in PA clinching National Road segments along the way and using some PA 43, I-79, and I-70 to attempt to save some time.  Eventually, I reached Wheeling, WV, by taking I-470 WB to WV 2 NB and went to Wheeling Island so that I could walk the Wheeling Suspension Bridge for the National Road segment there.  I then went west into Ohio to Morristown and Fairview to finish the National Road segment that begins just west of Fairview along I-70 (Exit 198) (I was so glad to see a driveway to turn around at the west end of the segment) before spending the night in St. Clairsville by the western I-70/I-470 interchange.

On Saturday Morning, I left the hotel around 5 AM, and maybe did a bit too much roadgeeking as I did not get to the conference until around 9:30 AM.  However, I am still glad with what I accomplished.  I took I-70 EB to WV 2 NB to Wellsburg doing a long loop via WV 27, PA 844, PA 331, and WV 67 (all new clinches minus the previously clinched PA 844 in March 2023) though I really think that PA 331 and WV 67 should be decommissioned for being narrow, curvy, and not really being a worthwhile through route.  I then backtracked to cross the Wellsburg Bridge in both directions before taking WV 2 NB to Follansbee (the hometown of famous Notre Dame head football coach Lou Holtz (AKA Dr. Lou)) and clinching WV 27 ALT (also not worthy of being a state route IMO for the same reasons as WV 67 and PA 331, this one turns into a quadrant route in PA).  I continued north on WV 2 to Weirton and looped via WV 105 (to clinch) and US 22 before taking WV 2 NB to its northern terminus at US 30 in Chester (passing through New Cumberland along the way, wait am I in VA or PA and not WV???  ;D).

I then took US 30 EB into PA taking it to PA 151 EB clinching it by taking it to PA 51 SB.  I actually used PA 151 as a turnaround in May 2021 while clinching I-376 and I-376 BL by Pittsburgh Int'l Airport.  I took PA 51 SB to the Sewickley Bridge seeing slides and a flooding closure at University Blvd along the way.  I crossed the Sewickley Bridge in heavy traffic even at 9 AM on Saturday due to an event in the borough itself, and I also ended up turning around at a hospital because the Orange Belt signage confused me.  I eventually got to Blackburn Rd taking it east to Mount Nebo Rd to my destination for most of the day just east of I-79.

We ended up having a long lunch break so I did a freeway loop consisting of taking I-79 NB to PA 910 (turning around) to I-79 SB to I-279 SB to I-376 WB back to I-79 NB.

After the event, I took I-79 NB to PA 228 EB (doing another drive of this corridor, currently only two lanes between Three Degree Rd and PA 8 ) to PA 8 NB to Butler so I could finish my clinch of PA 356 by taking it south to PA 28.  Then I took PA 28 NB to US 422 EB (seeing some paving and beams at the Margaret Rd realignment) to US 219 SB to US 22 EB in Ebensburg.  Then it was just the usual US 22 EB to I-99 NB to US 322 EB back to Harrisburg.

Clinched: National Road (MD, PA, WV, OH (St. Clairsville segment)), WV 27, PA 331, WV 67, WV 27 ALT (Follansbee), WV 105, PA 151, PA 356

New Mileage:  WV 2, OH 149, OH 9, PA 18

Other Discussion / Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Last post by kjslaughter on Yesterday at 10:34:50 am »
My wife and I took our first real international trip the past two weeks (not counting cruises 12 years ago) to the United Kingdom.  The bulk of our travels were on rail between Manchester, York, Edinburgh and London, but I was able to get some large chunk of roads in Scotland via a small group tour to the Western Highlands.  We took a large loop from Edinburgh west on M9 past Stirling Castle, then loop mostly on A811, A82, A83, A85 & A84 past Loch Lomond to far point of Inverary before return through Callander and Doune.  Sadly I couldn't talk the driver to divert route to cross one of the Firth of Forth of bridges.  :-(  I'm shocked to see I now rank 22nd in Scotland!  Also rode a tram in Edinburgh that got me some miles, sightseeing bus loops in York and London and a few roads just walking around York and London neighborhoods.  I was surprised by the highway density within London as opposed to so many U.S. cities where highways are routed around or co-routed through cities (except I guess Kentucky!).  While the Underground is also very efficient, hard to clinch highways that way.
Other Discussion / Re: Mileage Issues
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 08:31:53 am »
Looks much better now!!
« Last post by Jim on Yesterday at 08:13:10 am »
FYI, I had to do a hard reload on some pages to force it to re-read the DB after the site update.
« Last post by Jim on Yesterday at 08:10:07 am »
As expected, git is my friend and let me quickly check out an older version.  Recompiled, re-ran the site update, and we look to be good.
« Last post by Jim on Yesterday at 07:47:42 am »
It looks like every segment length in the .sql file generated by site update is in a format that mysql doesn't like.

I've got a busy day today but will see if I can get the code reverted and run a site update again.  Or better yet, @yakra has a quick fix and I'll run a new update with his new code plus bugfix.
It seems that srbr is in preview now :)
Only the 100s and 200s (class A) - the 300s and 400s will be coming shortly and that's when it's ready for review.
Ah, I guess that the system is in preview by accident? Should be devel?
No, it was deliberate - I wanted to see what the class A network looked like. By 'shortly', I've got over half the B routes drafted now, so should finish today!
Only the 100s and 200s (class A) - the 300s and 400s will be coming shortly and that's when it's ready for review.

Ah, I guess that the system is in preview by accident? Should be devel?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10