Author Topic: CA: CA 58 reroute in Bakersfield area completed (check your travels)  (Read 2900 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:10:34 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Yesterday's site update moved CA 58 in the Bakersfield area from its old alignment, including part of the Rosedale Hwy, between I-5 and CA 99 to the new alignment including the Westside Parkway about a mile south of the Rosedale Hwy. This resulted from the full opening of the Centennial Corridor last weekend, which finally connected CA 58's Westside Parkway segment to the parts of CA 58 east of CA 99.

It belatedly occurred to me that those of you whose list files included waypoints AllSt, CofRd, or MohSt on the old Rosedale Hwy. alignment might have had some of your travels shifted to the corresponding points on the Westside Parkway (which was folded into the main CA 58 file), even if you've never been on the Westside Parkway or the just-opened Centennial Corridor (between Truxtun Avenue and exit 110/CA 99). I suggest that those of you who've been on CA 58 between I-5 and CA 99 check to make sure your travels are accurately shown in the Highway Browser, and adjust your list files if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 08:54:41 am by oscar »