Author Topic: The tier concept  (Read 8875 times)

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:23:42 pm
    • New York State Roads
Re: The tier concept
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2021, 09:47:54 pm »
I'm not sure when the E roads were put as tier 3 rather than tier 2, though
pretty sure it was a day 1 thing for E roads as E Roads came after some tier 2 freeway systems in Europe had been done.
CHM treated the E roads as US routes on another continent, complete with the red color (which was changed early on after the switch to TM).  It might be that they were assigned tier 3 when tiers were invented; I don't know how old the tier 2 freeway systems are as all my travels are in the US and Canada and CHM was never as transparent about development as TM.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2021, 10:02:23 pm »
Day 1 in terms to tiers being invented, as E Roads date back to CHM. I wanna say they were green back then too, but less certain.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2021, 04:43:37 pm »
Not sure if this has been brought-up before, or what it would take to implement here, but I like the concept of user-defined color systems...thinking in particular of what mob-rule does.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:09:10 pm
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2021, 04:47:05 pm »
Not sure if this has been brought-up before, or what it would take to implement here, but I like the concept of user-defined color systems...thinking in particular of what mob-rule does.

I would like this to be part of the control panel idea.  (https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/351)

I could see this being very flexible, allowing fine-grained control like we have through the hard-to-use query string parameters now, but also convenient to choose from among pre-defined and contributed color schemes.