Author Topic: OH I-75BLTro decommissioned?  (Read 1810 times)

Online cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:44:25 am
OH I-75BLTro decommissioned?
« on: May 23, 2020, 10:04:36 pm »
I was doing a little looking through GSV and it appears that the Troy/Piqua, OH business loop for I-75 no longer exists. No signs along the route itself nor along I-75.

"Officially", the Sidney and Piqua BLs may have been removed as well, as there is no ODOT-installed signage, but both are signed on the surface and I cannot find sources to indicate whether or not they still exist. Interstate-Guide.com says all Ohio BLs have been decommissioned, but I cannot find any ODOT sources even mentioning the business loops.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
Re: OH I-75BLTro decommissioned?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 10:41:05 pm »
These always were iffy. There are some garbage US business routes around too that I need to delete. I'll get to them after I'm done with the usala review.
Clinched:

Online cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:44:25 am
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 12:28:22 pm »
From what I have seen in my travels in the past couple years, in order of sign quality, Sidney > Findlay >> Troy/Piqua

Sidney: Fully signed on the surface. Every turn signed, frequent reassurances, many of which look new. No signs from 75, but signed otherwise.
Findlay: All but one sign is on or within a block of Main Street. Several reassurances lack BL 75 signs and signs generally look old. Signs disappear south of Lima St. I want to say there is only one reassurance along the entire road and the SB turn onto Lima St is unsigned. Existence definitely questionable.
Troy/Piqua: This is the one I have driven the least of, but GSV seems to confirm any signs that once existed are gone.

Personal opinion is that Sidney should definitely stay in the database and that Troy/Piqua should go. Findlay is iffy, because signs exist, but I err on the side of "decommissioned" because there is obviously no attempt made at maintaining signs.

Offline osu-lsu

• Last Login:Yesterday at 05:54:12 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 10:38:26 pm »
From what I have seen in my travels in the past couple years, in order of sign quality, Sidney > Findlay >> Troy/Piqua

Sidney: Fully signed on the surface. Every turn signed, frequent reassurances, many of which look new. No signs from 75, but signed otherwise.
Findlay: All but one sign is on or within a block of Main Street. Several reassurances lack BL 75 signs and signs generally look old. Signs disappear south of Lima St. I want to say there is only one reassurance along the entire road and the SB turn onto Lima St is unsigned. Existence definitely questionable.
Troy/Piqua: This is the one I have driven the least of, but GSV seems to confirm any signs that once existed are gone.

Personal opinion is that Sidney should definitely stay in the database and that Troy/Piqua should go. Findlay is iffy, because signs exist, but I err on the side of "decommissioned" because there is obviously no attempt made at maintaining signs.

Has BL I-75 in Findlay changed in the 19 months since I took these photos? (Nov, 2018)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:05:07 am
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 12:29:32 pm »
Has BL I-75 in Findlay changed in the 19 months since I took these photos? (Nov, 2018)

I remember seeing signs for it when driving on US 224 in February 2019, but I definitely agree this it was not posted well.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 03:09:11 pm »
Troy business loop removed in my local copy.
Clinched:

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
Clinched: