METAL: TM's Pedagogical Tools > Instructions and Discussion

METAL Project News

<< < (3/3)

Jim:
Version 3.0 of METAL's HDX is now live.

Some of what's new:

* New algorithm visualizations: all-points closest pairs, traveling salesperson (both brute force and twice-around-the-tree approximation), recursive coordinate bisection partitioning, graph bridge detection (in the graph theory sense, not the roads sense), and graph coloring
* Support for graph archive sets (no more graph data generation pauses for major labs/assignments!), including intersection-only graphs, making more graph sets usable with more algorithms
* Load graphs, select AVs, set AV parameters directly through query string parameters
* New TMG file format options for custom data and partitioned graphs
* minor features and bug fixes too numerous to mention
Thanks go out to the METAL Summer 2022 team: Luke, Michael, and Mark.

As always, suggestions, bug reports, etc., are welcome here in the forum or on the project's GitHub repository.

Jim:
A new version of HDX has been installed, with lots of improvements, plus a redesigned implementation of the Divide and Conquer Closest Pairs algorithm visualization.

Please let me know if you notice any problems with this version.

Jim:
A new production version of HDX has been installed.  There have been many improvements and fixes, with the main new feature being a "Copy AV URL" button.  This allows the user to load a graph and select and AV and its parameters, then generate a URL (copied to the clipboard) which will get HDX back to that same state.  These URLs could previously be generated manually.  This is intended primarily for instructors setting up cases to run for their students to allow the students to follow a link and be ready to run the specified AV on a given graph.

Please let me know if you notice any problems with this, or if it looks like this version has broken any other functionality.

Jim:
A new production version of HDX has been installed.  There are many improvements throughout, with some highlights being the implementation of a new and improved conditional breakpoint system and the addition of the A* algorithm visualization.

Please let me know if you notice any problems with this, or if it looks like this version has broken any other functionality.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version