Author Topic: Extended power outage 10/7  (Read 4352 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
Extended power outage 10/7
« on: October 07, 2020, 09:56:37 pm »
A nasty line of storms knocked out power for much of Eastern NY including the Siena campus where TM's server is housed.  I expect that the backup power in the machine room will keep the server and its network connection going for now, but if the power outage lasts too long, we might end up offline until the situation gets back to normal.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
Re: Extended power outage 10/7
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 01:11:47 pm »
Still no power on campus, but backup power seems to be keeping operations up and running for us.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 11:16:14 pm »
Still no power on campus, but backup power seems to be keeping operations up and running for us.

I'm guessing don't run updates till the power's back up on campus just in case the backup dies right in the middle of a possible update.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 11:34:17 pm »

I'm guessing don't run updates till the power's back up on campus just in case the backup dies right in the middle of a possible update.

Site updates, not a problem, they could just be restarted.  But we should definitely avoid any SMF updates!

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 11:39:50 pm »

Site updates, not a problem, they could just be restarted.  But we should definitely avoid any SMF updates!

Don't worry, no new version is out yet. LOL! ;)