Author Topic: CYP: Limassol  (Read 1040 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 17, 2024, 03:02:45 pm
CYP: Limassol
« on: September 03, 2022, 02:39:25 pm »
B8 seems to end at the existing B6 junction (Arch. Makarios III Avenue) according to OSM and GM. Truncate?
However, B6 seems to end at "SpyKypAve" junction according to GM but contiunes eastbound from here on a different alignment according to OSM. I couldn't find evidence on GSV nor wikipedia though. Just truncate?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:52:55 am
Re: CYP: Limassol
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 03:37:21 pm »
B1 also truncate a little to Ayia Napa (no, not the early '00s UK Garage hotspot, endorsed by the Ministry of Sound), that's at the east end of the A3) according to OSM.

I'll have a look...

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 03:50:12 pm »
Thanks. You might also have a look into Nikosia.... And D30 east of Lefke in Northern Cyprus was recently "opened" on OSM and GM also has something but I could not find any evidence for opening.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 02:43:52 pm »
Thanks, looks good: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5998 (except of the update entries for Northern Cyprus as mentioned on GitHub)

Does anything need to be field-checked (maybe next week if requested) or can we already safely close the topic?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:52:55 am
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 05:02:44 pm »
D65 in the north is something I only have one source on, but it's literally the only thing I've seen a number for that road on, though it's clearly a D road on various sources, it fits the numbering system pretty well, so I'd suggest a field trip is only worth it if needed.

There's not really GSV. Exit numbers might be something worth looking for. Anything you notice doesn't match our data would be nice to have a report for. I'm sure you will be thorough to clinch as much as possible due to the relatively little there is to clinch (though I've added points for all E roads I could find and the local roads in the north too, so can do tier 5) and the awkwardness to get to Asian EU.

Bon voyage!

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 02:38:39 am »
D65 in the north is something I only have one source on, but it's literally the only thing I've seen a number for that road on, though it's clearly a D road on various sources, it fits the numbering system pretty well, so I'd suggest a field trip is only worth it if needed.

I will only visit the Greek part because of earlier reports about restrictions and it will also just be a short trip.

There's not really GSV. Exit numbers might be something worth looking for.

Well, "user GSV" covers a lot. I agree that the quality is not the best but the "63" can be identified. I made a quick check for some exits and it seems that OSM should be correct.

Anything you notice doesn't match our data would be nice to have a report for.

Sure :) I marked the topic solved and will report findings in a new thread if there are any.

I'm sure you will be thorough to clinch as much as possible due to the relatively little there is to clinch

Of course! I won't clinch the whole Greek part but hope that I can travel the whole motorway system and most of the B road system.

(though I've added points for all E roads I could find and the local roads in the north too, so can do tier 5)

Are they signed thoroughly? Do you plan to implement it "soon"? I don't expect traveling much of it but might take notice of them, i.e. look for road signs or travel them if I would already have traveled parallel B roads.

and the awkwardness to get to Asian EU.

What do you mean?

Bon voyage!

Merci!

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 03:13:28 am »
(though I've added points for all E roads I could find and the local roads in the north too, so can do tier 5)

Are they signed thoroughly? Do you plan to implement it "soon"? I don't expect traveling much of it but might take notice of them, i.e. look for road signs or travel them if I would already have traveled parallel B roads.

Are E, F and M routes one system? M in the British area.

I had a quick look: E605 (indicated as freeway on OSM) is not signed but "To B6" only. Also no E323 but "To A2" which should be "To B2". B2 itself is also sometimes signed as A2. A mess, but no E numbering. E903 is signed.