Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / Re: WI: Route point concerns and exit numbers
« Last post by bejacob on Yesterday at 03:39:21 pm »
Please don't edit my posts. I purposely did not add to this existing thread because I did not want this post to get lost among all the other meaningless "point concern" posts that have become so prevalent in the last year.

I titled my post "broken concurrency" because that's what it is. I was not concerned about any of the points or what they are named. I care that a concurrency is broken.

While I appreciate the good intentions, I kindly request any future posts I make not be merged into another topic unless they specifically duplicate something previously posted.

I rarely post anything on this forum for a couple reasons. 1) If someone else doesn't agree with my POV, I get verbally abused and essentially get told that being a user and not a contributor makes me a second class user of this site, and 2) because other users think they know better than me about how my posts should be titled and where they belong. I've gotten to the point now that about the only time I post anything is when I discover an error that needs to be corrected. That was the core of my prior post, not some vague concern about points or exit numbers.

I love the Travel Mapping site and will continue to update my maps and use those maps when travel planning. I'm less fond of the forum side of the site due to how I am treated by a handful of users who seem to think that because I infrequently post, that must not know what I'm doing or that my contributions are not as relevant as those who post multiple times a day.
Solved Highway data updates / Re: PA: PA 34 at PA 850 EB in Shermans Dale
« Last post by Markkos1992 on October 22, 2021, 01:46:43 pm »
The roundabout is open as of today (https://www.penndot.gov/RegionalOffices/district-8/pages/details.aspx?newsid=1545).

I am hoping to drive it tomorrow before putting the update in here.  This may be a test run to see if I will let myself drive to Pittsburgh next weekend with the cosmetic damage to the bottom of my car having not been fixed yet.

EDIT:  The roundabout as shown in OSM would not require an update here.  I will make a determination on whether I want to add Snyder Hill Rd (SnyHillRd) to cover PA 850's slight realignment tomorrow.

EDIT (10-23-2021):  I decided after field checking that roundabout that SnyHillRd is not needed on PA 850.   So I have no updates here, but I did other minor revisions to PA 34 (https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5246).
Updates to Highway Data / WI: WI42BusMan broken concurrency with US10 and US151
« Last post by bejacob on October 22, 2021, 09:38:54 am »
Broken concurrency in Manitowoc between WI42Bus and the two US routes in town. The issue appears to be with the waypoint on WI42Bus labeled US10_E. The concurrency with US151 between 21st St and the intersection(s) with US10 is broken as is the concurrency with US10 between Washington St and Waldo Blvd. The fix may be as simple as moving the waypoint on WI42Bus to match the point in use at the intersection of US10 and US151 on both US routes.

EDIT:  Merged into general WI thread that is still open as it may be related to that.
Updates to Highway Data / AR: I-40 at AR 75 (Exit 256)
« Last post by Markkos1992 on October 21, 2021, 01:21:05 pm »
A graph connection is missing between I-40 and AR 75 here.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: CO: I-70 BL Limon appears to extend to Exit 363
« Last post by rickmastfan67 on October 21, 2021, 03:45:40 am »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5238

Just me, but I would have included the following text at the end of the 'update' entry:
"along US 24, US 40, and US 287 between the two exits. This also required point "I-70_E" to shift locations."

This is mainly because of the exit number mention.  Plus, it's always wise to mention the end point label shifting location in cases like this in the update entry.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: WV: US 50 and US 220 Corridors Point Concerns
« Last post by Markkos1992 on October 20, 2021, 01:53:49 pm »
Adding US 220 to this thread:

1.    The fourth shaping point north of US33_W should be replaced with a visible point at CR10.
2.   I see the Pendleton County Poor Farm on Google Maps, but I do not see a PoorFarmRd anywhere….
3.   Replace the shaping point south of SchRd with a visible point at what the maps shows as CR8.
4.   Both shaping points by Jake Hill Rd should be made visible points.
5.   BetChuRd should be ShoGapRd (Shooks Gap Rd).
6.   Replace the shaping point by Saint Johns Church with a visible point at Middle Mountain Rd (MidMouRd).
7.   The shaping point to the north should become a visible point at Kellers Ridge Rd (KelRidRd).
8.   The shaping point south of WV28/55 should become a visible point at Johnson Run Rd (JohRunRd).
9.   WelKesRd should be RigRd.  (also affects WV 28 and WV 55)
10.   The shaping point north of WelKesRd should be replaced by a visible point at Jenkins Run Rd (JenRunRd).  (also affects WV 28 and WV 55)
11.   I would probably replace the shaping point south of WinAve with a visible point nearby.  (also affects WV 28 and WV 55)
12.   The shaping points north of OldFieRd should be replaced with visible points at Mountain View Rd (MouViewRd) and maybe AJ Kelley Rd.  (also affects WV 28)
13.   I am unable to determine if CR220/8 is correct… (would also affect WV 28)  Maybe just go HufRd (Huffman Rd).
14.   The shaping point north of CR220/8 should be replaced with a visible point at RadaRd.  (also affects WV 28)
15.   Look into replacing the shaping point south of US50_E with a visible point as well.  (also affects WV 28)
16.   See 11 under US 50.
17.   Consider replacing the shaping point south of WV93 with a visible point at CR7/1.
18.   Consider replacing the shaping point north of WV93 with a visible point at Stony Run Rd (StoRunRd).
Updates to Highway Data / Re: WI: US 2 at US 51
« Last post by Markkos1992 on October 20, 2021, 07:15:04 am »
The roundabout portion of the project has been completed as of October 14th.  (https://projects.511wi.gov/us251rab/schedule/)

Schedule & Traffic Impacts
Last updated: October 14, 2021

Work scheduled for next week: Crews will complete removal of temporary roadways, place topsoil and gravel shoulders, pave US 2, work on landscaping, sign installation, and install pavement markings.

Traffic impacts: All directions are utilizing the roundabout. Motorists may encounter flagging operations.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10