Author Topic: NY: NY-182 issues  (Read 1264 times)

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:13:11 am
NY: NY-182 issues
« on: October 14, 2021, 11:09:37 pm »
Was just taking a look at that route, and noticed a few possible issues that might want to be addressed.

1) Shouldn't the point with US-62 be at the intersection instead of at the end of the slip lane?  Just doesn't look right to me.
2) Shouldn't there be points for the turns off/onto Packard Road on each side of the NY265 point?  People could be coming from the Packard Road part of the I-190 Exit 23 interchange and properly map their travels there.
3) Shouldn't there be points for the turns off/onto Lockport Street (between NY104 & NY61_N points)?  Pretty big alignment shift there IMO that should be shown in the HB.  This one, I'm pretty sure should be done at minimum if any of the changes are done.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: NY: NY-182 issues
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 04:01:55 pm »
1) This probably dates back to the early days of Google & its less accurate (TIGER?) cartography. https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/5472
3) Nah. Not every turn at an intersection need be included. (Example)
2) And that would make for an even more overdense cluster. 1PPI; those coming from I-190 can just use the I-190 point. Is this were CT CT8 44 (with a numbered route intersecting each half), I'd do things differently, but nay.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca