Author Topic: frad/fram: France Routes Départementales / Routes Métropolitaines  (Read 112608 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:44:01 pm
Re: frad: France Routes Départementales
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2020, 01:59:47 pm »
Feminine? I never learned French.... :D Changed to <area> <type of road> format. Added the systems of my regions to systems.csv - commented.

There were only two colors left: red and magenta. Took magenta.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2020, 05:16:28 am »
I'll probably be able to finish reviewing Norway and get on to these in the several weeks stuck at home.

Thanks :) I'll bring Yonne, Saône-et-Loire (BFC), Drôme and Cantal (ARA) to preview next.

Then, only departements with (likely still unsigned) M route systems, systems with shp files (I'm not sure how to deal with to avoid NMPs - Ain (ARA) and Manche (NOR)) and the other NOR systems are left in my six French regions. Those systems are all currently "on hold".

That means, when the four above mentioned systems will be in preview, I need to see how to proceed. I think I should peer-review another system, likely irlwaw, the only European system ready for peer-review.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2020, 02:38:52 pm »
Shape files for Métropole Nice Côte d'Azur (PAC): https://www.data.gouv.fr/fr/datasets/bornes-kilometriques-des-routes-metropolitaines/ (last update May 2019)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2020, 11:18:24 pm »
I've not been watching this thread closely. If you need any more shp or whatever else ripped, let me know.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2020, 05:16:36 am »
I've not been watching this thread closely. If you need any more shp or whatever else ripped, let me know.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I have any demand :)
I think that Ain is still up-to-date and I won't work on Manche soon (and link is/was broken!?). All other available shps are not in my regions.

I didn't work on Ain since I'm not sure how to deal with it. There are so many wps I would need to delete... I think I should only use it to have the correct start and end postion. If I'm not sure about exact routing, I could check it with shp... we will see :)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2020, 05:24:45 am »
General status for my regions:

IDF: all systems active
HDF: all systems in preview and ready for peer-review
BFC: goal: all systems in preview by early 2021
GES: all systems in preview except of Alsace (renumbering due to unification?), M routes must be clarified and split off
ARA: most systems in preview but more still to come, M routes must be clarified and split off
NOR: only one out of five systems in preview

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2020, 05:35:55 am »
Map of my regions :)

NOR in northwest is less advanced. Alsace in the very east is missing.
The "hole" in the south (and two more gaps in the south) are the remaining departements in ARA and BFC.
The magenta blur in the north is the first M route system of Lille.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 05:41:21 am by michih »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2020, 01:04:44 pm »
Curious, why magenta here and not yellow? Will there eventually be a yellow system as well? What's different about frahdfm59 (or espct for that matter)?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2020, 01:09:27 pm »
Curious, why magenta here and not yellow? Will there eventually be a yellow system as well? What's different about frahdfm59 (or espct for that matter)?
They are Metropolitan Routes, signed in cyan (already taken as a colour), rather than Departmental Routes that are signed in yellow. The yellow system is already there (the magenta system was taken out of it when the roads transferred from department to metropole and they resigned). I'm pretty sure michih explained it all above.

espct uses red signs, rather than the orange ones that other Spanish Autonomous Community systems have. There's also limited N Roads (also signed in red) in the Autonomous Community. This discussion was had when those systems were being created.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 01:12:01 pm by si404 »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2020, 02:16:33 pm »
I'm pretty sure michih explained it all above.

yep:

Magenta is closer to blue than red and is much better to distinguish from lightsalmon :)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2020, 02:25:18 pm »
Magenta is closer to blue than red and is much better to distinguish from lightsalmon :)
Not convinced it should not be yellow though...

The yellow system is already there (the magenta system was taken out of it when the roads transferred from department to metropole and they resigned).
Aah, I see it now -- frahdfd59, Nord Routes Départementales? I was quickly searching for "Lille".
On the one hand, I can see doing this. OTOH, there appear to be no yellow & magenta routes within the same area; no yellow where there are also magenta, so do we really need to differentiate?
On the one hand, I see places like wghere FRA-HDF M62-59, FRA-HDF D62-59 & FRA-HDF M145-59Hou all meet up, and the different colors provide some differentiation. OTOH, there will be department borders within regions all across France, and yellow routes meeting up at the borders, with no simple visual cues as to the different systems; so why have one that's different?

Similarly, should canmbw be a different color from canmbp?

They are Metropolitan Routes, signed in cyan (already taken as a colour), rather than Departmental Routes that are signed in yellow.
espct uses red signs, rather than the orange ones that other Spanish Autonomous Community systems have. There's also limited N Roads (also signed in red) in the Autonomous Community.
Meh, but are all the lightsalmon systems across Europe signed in lightsalmon though? ;) If system color went by signage, North American mapview would be an ugly mess; no uniformity. One would think that colors would be geared more towards showing systems' relative importance, and providing uniformity to map views.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2020, 02:48:29 pm »
With respect to espct, what matters more is that are signed like the N roads in their own country, rather than the specific color of the signage.

I don't particularly see why the M routes have to be a different colour, but it's not a problem that they are.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2020, 02:49:42 pm »
M routes are former D routes. They have a new maintainer, new prefix and new colors now. They are quite new to travelers and I think that they are worth to get a different color.

There is not only frahdfm59 (Lille) system but there will be many in the future, see upthread. I think about 20 M route systems and more than 90 D route systems.

Similarly, should canmbw be a different color from canmbp?

Maybe. OTOH, all Dutch tier 5 systems are yellow:

Code: [Select]
nldp;NLD;Netherlands Provinciale Wegen;yellow;5;active
nldrw;NLD;Netherlands Ringwegen;yellow;5;active
nlds;NLD;Netherlands Stadsroutes;yellow;5;active

There is no clear rule that we MUST do it this or that way...

https://travelmapping.net/devel/manual/sysnew.php#developsystem

The color represents the color which is used on maps to draw the TM graph.
- The color must be unique for each region to distinguish the systems.
- The color should represent the color which is used on signs to indicate the routes.
- Available colors are: blue, brown, red, yellow, teal, green, magenta and lightsalmon.
- Standard colors are often used for a continent to avoid confusing users.

I wrote that and there was no comment on it. Maybe I should change it to "should be unique"?

I have no problem with yellow for M routes if anyone says it should be yellow.

https://travelmapping.net/devel/manual/sysnew.php#researchforum

Open a new thread on the In-progress Highway Systems & Work board of the forum.
Suggest system code, tier index and color code for the system.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 02:52:51 pm by michih »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2020, 02:51:42 am »
I wanted to wait a little longer but since there is already a manual update and to avoid that Jim must update the producrion server twice...

I wrote that and there was no comment on it. Maybe I should change it to "should be unique"?

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/pull/567 "The color must be unique for each tier of the region to distinguish the systems."

I have no problem with yellow for M routes if anyone says it should be yellow.

magenta is fine when we look on France but since we have a common color code for Europe... Changed: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/4427

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2021, 04:01:13 am »
General status for my regions:

IDF: all systems active
HDF: all systems in preview and ready for peer-review
BFC: all systems in preview and mostly* ready for peer-review *Dijon M route system is only preliminary
GES: all systems in preview and mostly** ready for peer-review **Alsace needs to be checked with shp files; Metz + Nancy M route systems must be clarified and split off
ARA: most systems in preview but more still to come, M routes must be clarified and split off
NOR: only one out of five systems in preview

Map of my regions :)

NOR in northwest is less advanced. Alsace in the very east is missing.
The "hole" in the south (and two more gaps in the south) are the remaining departements in ARA and BFC.

One month later:
- Alsace is in preview.
- Half of the ARA/BFC hole is stuffed
- Both ARA boundary areas in the south are done