Author Topic: CO: CO67 Victor and Woodland Park segments connected  (Read 1544 times)

Offline jayhawkco

• Last Login:February 05, 2024, 01:16:11 pm
CO: CO67 Victor and Woodland Park segments connected
« on: September 10, 2020, 01:48:45 pm »
I just drove this the other day when going for a hike near Cripple Creek and noticed that CO67 is indeed signed as a multiplex with US24 right after you turn off the Victor segment heading east to connect to the Woodland Park segment.

See this Google Street View pic.

Chris

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Re: CO: CO67 Victor and Woodland Park segments connected
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 03:27:56 am »
I think that's already in there (at least on my end). Since you went to Cripple Creek, what would you think about linking the Victor and Woodland Park segments through Cripple Creek (where the split is in the HB). I looked at it on StreetView and there didn't seem to be any indication that 67 ended and began again going through Cripple Creek, other than a lack of directional signage.

Since we're on this disconnected segments note, I think I need to merge the two CO 128 segments since that concurrency now appears to be signed. Are there any others that you think should be linked that are not now?
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline jayhawkco

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 11:02:38 am »
My bad.  I knew there was a segment down there that, when originally entering my mileage, didn't seem accurate based on my recollection, but I thought the Victor segment was the whole area south of US24 (without looking to verify).  Yes, I think you can merge those two.  Having clinched the whole thing, there is definitely a Sedalia section, then it goes to dirt and turns into a county road, then the Woodland Park section which goes all the way down to Victor, stops at Phantom Canyon Road (or nearby) goes to dirt all the way to US50 and then a Florence section. 

CO128 can me merged too.  When I drove it a couple months ago, I didn't notice anything to indicate that it stopped and I drove it from end to end in one drive.

The other discontinuous in Colorado:
CO7 - I'd be in favor of merging the two segments.  Unless I'm missing it, I don't see any "End 7" signs, and the "To" signage isn't any different to CO14's weirdness in Fort Collins.

CO15 - Keep separate as the two are connected by dirt roads.

CO40 - I think you can get rid of the Limon segment.  I don't remember seeing, nor see on 2009 Street View, any signage.

CO60 - I'd be in favor of merging. There is a directional sign to Campion coming from the East pointing you down the frontage road which connects the two segments.  The sign from I-25 for CO60 lists Campion as its control city, so I feel like CODOT is trying to make it continuous even though there aren't any reassurance markers there. There are no end signs that I remember, just a complete lack of signage for when you have to go under an I-25 overpass from the frontage road.  I missed the turn originally and had to double back. While to some that might mean keep them separate, for me separate means either an end sign or a distinct change in road type.  Crappy signage alone doesn't qualify it.

CO90 - Haven't driven yet, but there is an end sign, so keep them separate.

CO105 - End signs.  Keep separate.

Chris

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:15:35 am by jayhawkco »

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 07:02:52 pm »
CO7 - I'd be in favor of merging the two segments.  Unless I'm missing it, I don't see any "End 7" signs, and the "To" signage isn't any different to CO14's weirdness in Fort Collins.
I did find an "END CO 7" sign in Lyons, so not sure if that changes your view or not.

CO40 - I think you can get rid of the Limon segment.  I don't remember seeing, nor see on 2009 Street View, any signage.
Cool; I thought about doing that when I merged the other two segments and since you're the only one that's bothered to drive it it'll get axed.

CO60 - I'd be in favor of merging. There is a directional sign to Campion coming from the East pointing you down the frontage road which connects the two segments.  The sign from I-25 for CO60 lists Campion as its control city, so I feel like CODOT is trying to make it continuous even though there aren't any reassurance markers there. There are no end signs that I remember, just a complete lack of signage for when you have to go under an I-25 overpass from the frontage road.  I missed the turn originally and had to double back. While to some that might mean keep them separate, for me separate means either an end sign or a distinct change in road type.  Crappy signage alone doesn't qualify it.
I drove it from the west, and it seemed pretty obvious that the frontage road was no longer CO 60 (although it's probably state maintained anyway just as a frontage road); if the segments were merged what would happen to the bit on the Milliken segment between I-25 and the frontage road?
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline jayhawkco

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 03:00:10 am »
I did find an "END CO 7" sign in Lyons, so not sure if that changes your view or not.

I had forgotten about that.  I was thinking that the reason for the split was the overlap with US287, not the overlap with US36.  Nevermind, leave as is.

Cool; I thought about doing that when I merged the other two segments and since you're the only one that's bothered to drive it it'll get axed.

It's not exactly the most useful or interesting road, so I'm not surprised no one else has bothered.

I drove it from the west, and it seemed pretty obvious that the frontage road was no longer CO 60 (although it's probably state maintained anyway just as a frontage road); if the segments were merged what would happen to the bit on the Milliken segment between I-25 and the frontage road?

There's not any End signage at I-25 nor any reassurance markers between the frontage road and the highway either.  CO60 is an odd one.  I'm fine leaving it as is if anyone else has an opinion, but at least to me, if I wanted to drive CO60 from end to end, I'd be using the frontage road which seems to naturally connect the two so it might as well be the same road. It's for sure up to you.  Just figured I'd voice my opinion on it.

Appreciate all the work.

Chris

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:54:31 pm »

There's not any End signage at I-25 nor any reassurance markers between the frontage road and the highway either.  CO60 is an odd one.  I'm fine leaving it as is if anyone else has an opinion, but at least to me, if I wanted to drive CO60 from end to end, I'd be using the frontage road which seems to naturally connect the two so it might as well be the same road. It's for sure up to you.  Just figured I'd voice my opinion on it.

Appreciate all the work.

Chris
Ok; I'll just leave it as is unless someone else has an opinion.