User Discussions > Other Discussion

Merits of grab bag systems overlapping other systems

(1/5) > >>

yakra:
Sounds like the idea is to get some "higher functional classification" stuff on the map in blue, to stand out from an indistinct blob of Tier (2/3/)4 systems?

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on June 24, 2021, 01:37:27 pm ---The rules are, AFAICS:
--- End quote ---

Do we have rules on that?

si404:

--- Quote from: yakra on June 24, 2021, 01:49:08 pm ---Sounds like the idea is to get some "higher functional classification" stuff on the map in blue, to stand out from an indistinct blob of Tier (2/3/)4 systems?
--- End quote ---
Indeed.
--- Quote from: michih on June 24, 2021, 01:58:32 pm ---Do we have rules on that?
--- End quote ---
Not formally codified, but by convention and practice. So yes for me in an English context, no for you in a continental European context.

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on June 24, 2021, 02:43:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: yakra on June 24, 2021, 01:49:08 pm ---Sounds like the idea is to get some "higher functional classification" stuff on the map in blue, to stand out from an indistinct blob of Tier (2/3/)4 systems?
--- End quote ---
Indeed.
--- Quote from: michih on June 24, 2021, 01:58:32 pm ---Do we have rules on that?
--- End quote ---
Not formally codified, but by convention and practice.
--- End quote ---

I agree but just wanna say that the practice is only used in regions which are maintained by you or me, and that I cannot remember any larger discussion with other people.

compdude787:
I understand the reasons why this practice is done, but personally, I'm not sure how useful it is to duplicate routes in a grab bag freeway system that are already in a numbered route system. In the US we don't have separate freeway route files for sections of freeway that are part of state or US routes, even in places like California that have named freeways. Personally, if I was maintaining Australia, I'd find it annoying to have to update two wpt files whenever there is a change to the route.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version