Author Topic: itass: Italy Strade Statali  (Read 106643 times)

Offline Spinoza

• Last Login:January 24, 2024, 04:46:23 am
Re: Italy Strada Statale (itass)
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2019, 10:03:21 am »
As for ANAS website, it appears it is not updated yet  :pan:

Is it updated now?

If not, do the pdfs per region indicate the routes which were transferred? https://www.stradeanas.it/it/le-strade/rientro-strade

Sorry if it's BS, I just saw a post on another forum with this link.... ;)

Yes, all regions I posted here are updated: Tuscany, Liguria, Molise, Basilicata, Umbria, Calabria, and also Abruzzo, Campania, Latium.
Marche and Puglia are updated but the new roads do not show in the map, only in the dropdown menu.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
Re: itass: Italy Strada Statale
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2020, 02:36:07 pm »
The last remaining European tier 4 system in Europe (except of Russia which is not Europe IMO). @Si, any plan to pay tribute to battered Italy?

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2020, 04:59:15 am »
The last remaining European tier 4 system in Europe (except of Russia which is not Europe IMO). @Si, any plan to pay tribute to battered Italy?

:D :D

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:11:32 am
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2020, 08:05:00 am »
I'm getting round to it. Hopefully sometime soon.

Offline nezinscot

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 23, 2024, 05:33:52 pm
Italy SS675 end point
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2020, 11:15:20 am »
Just an FYI. I know the system is in preview mode.  The western start point for SS675 appears to be incorrect. SS675 starts nearer Monte Romano, branching off from SS1Bis at a rotary that is approx 1.5 miles NE of Monte Romano. GSV confirms this.

Offline Spinoza

Re: Italy Strada Statale (itass)
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2020, 05:14:10 am »

Is it updated now?

If not, do the pdfs per region indicate the routes which were transferred? https://www.stradeanas.it/it/le-strade/rientro-strade

Yes, all regions I posted here are updated: Tuscany, Liguria, Molise, Basilicata, Umbria, Calabria, and also Abruzzo, Campania, Latium.
Marche and Puglia are updated but the new roads do not show in the map, only in the dropdown menu.

I contacted ANAS to let them know of the outdated maps.
They answered that they have programmed the maps update - but alas they didn't give me any time frame.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:11:32 am
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2020, 10:12:15 am »
Thanks for that.

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2021, 03:11:03 am »
There is an error in Italy "Strade statale":

SS690 is shown as going past Sora arriving at the junction SS509 near Atina.
As a matter of fact SS690 ends at junction "Sora Nord" (SR82_Sora). Everything south of it is called "SSV Sora-A1" and it is not a "SS" despite a similar denomination (it is in fact a provincial road).

And please, can you also correct the label "Strade statale"? It's either "Strada statale" (singular) or "strade statali" (plural).

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 03:38:10 am by Spinoza »

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2021, 04:01:09 am »
More roads have been transferred to ANAS in April 2021. It's almost 3000 km in 4 regions (Emilia-Romagna, Lombardia, Piemonte, Toscana).

Here's the full list, along with those already transferred in 2018 in 11 more regions:

https://www.stradeanas.it/it/le-strade/rientro-strade

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2021, 01:18:46 pm »
Is it the last transfer or do they plan another one?

Offline Spinoza

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2021, 06:28:11 am »
Is it the last transfer or do they plan another one?

ANAS website doesn't explicitly say, but there are reasons to believe this will be the last one.

For instance, 15 out of 20 regions (11 + 4) have been addressed. The remaining 5 regions are the so-called "special status" ones (Aosta valley, Sicily, Sardinia, Friuli-Venezia Giulia and Trentino-Alto Adige) which have different rules in their relation with the central State. For instance, the 2001 law that devolved those ANAS roads to the regions did not involve special status regions in the first place.

EDIT: Actually, my previous statement is false.
Roads in Tuscany have been transferred back to ANAS in both occasions, so the regions addressed are 14. Veneto is the only "normal status" one that wasn't addressed.

So apparently regions can be managed in rounds, meaning that there is no way to know if there will be more instances also for regions already addressed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 06:37:00 am by Spinoza »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2021, 12:50:37 pm »
So apparently regions can be managed in rounds, meaning that there is no way to know if there will be more instances also for regions already addressed.

Ok, more to come. Your first report is from May 2018. When can we expect the last one? I think no one knows...

If I got you right, they do it region by region. For the regions we already have a transfer report, we don't expect another one?
If that's right, we might go ahead and address the changes to those regions. We could even activate the system and add the other routes later on when the transfer will be implemented (2022, 2023, 2030,...).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:54:33 pm by michih »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2021, 12:51:51 pm »

Is it updated now?

I contacted ANAS to let them know of the outdated maps.
They answered that they have programmed the maps update - but alas they didn't give me any time frame.

Are the maps updated now?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2021, 12:58:26 pm »
A system of unnumbered routes? Another tier 4 or tier 5?
They are Strada Statale, just not having SS numbers yet (or detrunked yet if heading the other direction), so they are going in itass just as all the green-hexagon roads are in itaa, even if they aren't Axx.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strade_statali_in_Italia

NSA (nuova strada ANAS), strade in attesa di classificazione
Google translated:
NSA (new road ANAS), roads waiting for classification

Sounds similar to future US interstates but there are also "ex" NSA routes. Former SS routes are "future" SS routes now....  ;D

I guess it will be a tier 5 system?

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuova_strada_ANAS

Are those Nuova strade ANAS routes the routes which have been transfered to ANAS and should be part of itass system now?
Or do those routes still exist in parallel?

Or let's ask this way: What's the potential next logical system below itass?

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2021, 02:08:49 am »
Or let's ask this way: What's the potential next logical system below itass?
From what I remember from the three months I spent in Italy, there's the Strada Statale (~US highways), Strada Regionale (~state highways), and Strada Provinciale (~county highways) (the American equivalents are just me spitballing, not sure if they're accurate). The shields look the same (with SR and SP instead of SS). Now, finding somewhere that lists the Strada Regionale... that doesn't sound fun.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton