Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I kept looking for 404 in the Missing Numbers table, couldn't find it 😉

(MD, NJ and GA logged already)
i made that joke in the AARoads thread nestled in my list way back when.
General Web Design Discussion / Re: New page: routes traveled by number
« Last post by yakra on Yesterday at 10:23:01 pm »
Have you tried putting a bag on your head?
General Web Design Discussion / Re: New page: routes traveled by number
« Last post by SSOWorld on Yesterday at 06:32:37 pm »
I kept looking for 404 in the Missing Numbers table, couldn't find it 😉

(MD, NJ and GA logged already)
Updates to Highway Data / Re: NY: I-495 Exit Numbers
« Last post by yakra on Yesterday at 05:38:01 pm »
What exactly is the intended comparison?
part of a larger flyswatter complex with some movements indirect or Breezewooded out.

At any rate, on the Northern State Parkway, Manetto Hill Road (37) and Sunnyside Blvd (38) both get different points from I-495 (37A). The destinations for 37 and 38 on NorStaPkwy are the same as the destinations for 45 and 46 on I-495, and the points for 37 and 38 are about the same distance from 37A as 45 and 46 on I-495 would be from proposed 45A (37-37A is definitively closer than 45-45A would be, even).
So how does it make any sense to 1PPI out 45A on I-495 but not 37A on NorStaPkwy? The status quo is inconsistent between the two.
Not at all. NorStaPkwy exits 37 & 38 are complete interchanges in their own right. 37A is an additional partial interchange.
On I-495, 46 is a complete interchange. Then, there's a partial interchange at the NSP and another partial interchange at Manetto Hill Rd. The question then becomes deciding between
• partial interchange -> a point + another partial interchange -> another point, vs
• partial interchange + partial interchange = a single (partial) interchange -> one point.
Worth noting that the EB offramp at current 45 complements the ramps at the NSP; no EB offramp is available there.
It's not enough IMO to look at just the directly connected roads or what directions are signed; that's part of a larger picture.

"Double half" terminology aside, this meets neither the "clear gap of at least 0.5 mi/0.8 km separat[ing] the two halves" nor the "each half connects to a different highway that we are also mapping" criteria.
I could be talked into moving the point onto the NSP per "use one central point" grounds. Only nezinscot is using NY I-495 45; this would make his travels nice & continuous on mapview.

It's also worth noting that there's a similar interchange to the west (really the other half of the one we're talking about, just with other interchanges in between), which does have points on both roads.  It's 42 on I-495 and 35A on the NSP.
Similar in that there are 2 ramps to go from Hwy A to Hwy B proceeding in the same direction.
Dissimilar in that there's not a complementary adjacent partial interchange to cause debate about whether to collapse to a single point.
« Last post by vdeane on Yesterday at 11:41:19 am »
It's also worth noting that there's a similar interchange to the west (really the other half of the one we're talking about, just with other interchanges in between), which does have points on both roads.  It's 42 on I-495 and 35A on the NSP.
Wow! I'm a little bit speechless about what's going on with GSV in France in the last months! Large parts of France are covered with 2020 and 2021 pics and I even spot pics from Dec 2021 in Mid of December. Today I've seen Jan 2022 (updating outdated Aug 2019 images). I'm very impressed! :)
Solved Highway data updates / Re: TX: Spur 379 deletion
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 09:31:14 am »
fracvld36 - Indre Routes Départementales will be in preview with the next site update. More than 400 routes for more than 3,000 miles.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: GA: GA 204 and GA 204 Spur
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 08:55:58 am »
GA 17:  GA21Alt_N>-GA21Alt

The rest looks fine and makes much more sense to me now.
« Last post by Duke87 on Yesterday at 01:45:38 am »
It's less clear cut on being a distinct interchange too -- part of a larger flyswatter complex with some movements indirect or Breezewooded out. Compare South Portland.

I mean, South Portland has a point everywhere that two roads meet, though it also doesn't have any points where one road only has entrances and no exit. What exactly is the intended comparison?

At any rate, on the Northern State Parkway, Manetto Hill Road (37) and Sunnyside Blvd (38) both get different points from I-495 (37A). The destinations for 37 and 38 on NorStaPkwy are the same as the destinations for 45 and 46 on I-495, and the points for 37 and 38 are about the same distance from 37A as 45 and 46 on I-495 would be from proposed 45A (37-37A is definitively closer than 45-45A would be, even).
So how does it make any sense to 1PPI out 45A on I-495 but not 37A on NorStaPkwy? The status quo is inconsistent between the two.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10