Author Topic: Nebraska Outlook  (Read 11684 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: Nebraska Outlook
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2022, 09:21:59 am »
L55W:
Feel free to check it out if you want, but no need to on my account. I'm satisfied with the need to delete it.

US30:
There's updated GMSV at the west end now -- as of Aug/Sept, the EB bypass was still closed there so there's nothing to sign.
I bet this state of affairs will continue till the whole shebang opens, so I'll just go no-build on the FutHwy30 label, even if it's a bit suboptimal.

6/30: US30, North Bend to Fremont
Summer: Fremont Southeast Beltway
End of 2023: Blair bypass

May: NE2 Jamaica Ave & 82nd/84th interchanges
Spring: Scribner Bypass?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2022, 10:36:36 pm »
Cool. So I didn't end up going that way, ended up clinching NE 94 and then going down through Scribner on 275; the spring 2024 completion date lines up with what I saw on the ground on that project, the bypass is just one part of a larger four-laning effort from past West Point (where we met up with 275) to Hooper with concrete on the new lanes in some parts and other parts just dirt/gravel. They'll probably finish the new lanes next spring/summer, then tear up the old road and repave that by the following spring. Fremont SE bypass shows no further progress at the south end since like June or so, they must be working on other parts if it's going to open soon.

Also should add, there's still signage for the Fremont business loops (noticed a single sign apiece), wonder if they'll sign a 77 Bus when the bypass opens.

I'll check out the new Lincoln bypass either tomorrow or on 12/28, depending on weather. Will confirm what's in the HB and see if there's anything else notable.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 10:59:09 pm by the_spui_ninja »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2022, 10:47:15 pm »
Trip report over on AARoads: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=32637.0

Pretty much everything is correct. As far as point names, the exits have different road names going each direction, since the bypass runs right along a section line offset (one of the few areas around here that I've seen within a county). I would recommend using JamaicaAve, 70thSt, and 84thSt since those are the roads going north into the populated area. Although, if JamaicaAve, 68thSt, and 82ndSt are used because they're on top on the signs that's fine too (82nd and 68th are rural roads that 90% of people wouldn't use). L55W is indeed gone, the one shield I remember was gone.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2022, 09:12:46 pm »
My philosophy was, "use the lower number". Maybe that's what got those numbers listed on top on the BGSes too.

US30:
There's updated GMSV at the west end now -- as of Aug/Sept, the EB bypass was still closed there so there's nothing to sign.
I bet this state of affairs will continue till the whole shebang opens, so I'll just go no-build on the FutHwy30 label, even if it's a bit suboptimal.

Fall: Tryon North

6/30: US30, North Bend to Fremont
Summer: Fremont Southeast Beltway
Dec: Pender South Bridges
End of 2023: Blair bypass

Hastings Southeast construction begins

When?
US30 realignment, Grand Island
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 05:21:20 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2023, 07:07:48 am »
Done:
Tryon North
North Bend to Fremont / Fremont Southeast Beltway

Dec: Pender South Bridges

Summer: Blair bypass

Hastings Southeast construction begins

When?
US30 realignment, Grand Island