Author Topic: New region selector dropdown organization  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:00:41 pm
New region selector dropdown organization
« on: July 07, 2018, 10:08:51 pm »
I've reworked the SQL behind and the HTML presentation of the region selector that appears in places including the highway browser, region.php, and system.php.  It now groups regions that are part of a country that has two or more regions with routes in our database under a bold but unselectable header with that country's name.  Things are also ordered by actual name rather than (sometimes obscure) codes.

Try it out on the tmtest2 server at URLs like http://tmtest2.teresco.org/user/region.php?units=miles&u=terescoj&rg=RI

I don't think it's broken anything and while it might not be perfect, it is a definite improvement over what we have on the production site now.  I plan to push this to the production site within a day unless I hear major objections or problems are discovered with it.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:35:49 pm
Re: New region selector dropdown organization
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:18:28 am »
Cool, I like the feature. Big improvement :)

I cannot select the country. Do you plan going further here?

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:07:01 am »
The countries are not list options, just group headers.  At this point, the rest of the code is not ready to accept countries, so there are no current plans to make those valid options.  That's a bigger effort, but I'd like to make it happen in the future where it makes sense.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 06:42:47 pm »
It's on the production server now.