Author Topic: Overall Stats Ranking  (Read 6321 times)

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 17, 2024, 01:47:59 pm
Overall Stats Ranking
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:26:49 pm »
Curious if there is any plan to change the TBD on the ranking of the overall stats part of the page. Not something that matters as I would consider it a low priority. Just wondering.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: Overall Stats Ranking
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 01:37:26 pm »
There's been a GitHub issue for some time now. It pops back up in discussion every now again, but making a fix never seems to gain much traction.
Quote from: Thing342
FYI: doing this only from the web side results in massive queries that take awhile to process.
Doesn't seem to me this should matter too much, at least in the case of a "Distance Traveled" ranking; we already use a query to get that very same info on http://travelmapping.net/stat.php
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: Overall Stats Ranking
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:04:56 pm »
I see what Thing342 means now. The query I'm using takes 1.3s, compared with 0.16s for the next slowest I saw, with everything else < 0.1s.
Double that, for one active & one active+preview query, and ouch.

I'll leave this on my own mirror of the site, maybe even make a commit to a separate branch, but not open a pull request just yet.
Eventually I may look into extra tables that can be created during the site update process to speed up the queries.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:50:17 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca