Author Topic: HDX loading traveled graphs  (Read 8919 times)

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:00:41 pm
Re: HDX loading traveled graphs
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 10:01:59 pm »
It's already going to have a solid red for most traveled as max of the range is max of any edge, not overall number of travelers.

I kind of like what I have on there now using log base 10.  New Mexico looks sharp.

I wonder if I should also use a min of any edge to get more greens and cyans in the heavily traveled areas.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 11:35:01 pm »
It's already going to have a solid red for most traveled as max of the range is max of any edge, not overall number of travelers.
I thought I made sure of what I was posting before I posted. :( Either something changed right after, or I wasn't looking at what I thought I was. The old HDX in the one browser tab I didn't load, perhaps. In any case, I'm not recreating whatever I thought I saw, in whatever graph it was. Disregard.

I kind of like what I have on there now using log base 10.  New Mexico looks sharp.
I think it may be growing on me. The graphs I've looked at trend mostly toward blue now. Rather than "red advances, blue recedes", the cyans and greens recede toward the background from there out of being more lightly colored. The effect goes well with some of the background tilesets, such as Mapbox Streets, HERE Normal Day, or ESRI WorldTopoMap.

New Hampshire looks pretty nice too.

Notable here that there are no 0-traveler or "TM Pioneer" segments, making it all pretty uninterrupted visually. What do you think of an option, maybe a drop-down box, for...
• Special colors for 0 ior 1 travelers, as we have it now
• Special color for only 0-traveler segments
• No special colors; fit all segments into continuous gradient (or maybe 0 would be hard here if using log scale?)

I wonder if I should also use a min of any edge to get more greens and cyans in the heavily traveled areas.
I see both an upside and downside to this.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:35:49 pm
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 02:22:00 am »
What do you think of an option, maybe a drop-down box, for...
• Special colors for 0 ior 1 travelers, as we have it now
• Special color for only 0-traveler segments
• No special colors; fit all segments into continuous gradient (or maybe 0 would be hard here if using log scale?)

• Special color for most traveled segment(s) and 2nd most traveled segment(s)

Let's call it (drop-down box) "highlight extremes"

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 01:13:48 pm »

Minimum number of travelers >2 on any segment:
Code: [Select]
3 AND-region-traveled.tmg
4 baltimore25-area-traveled.tmg
6 chicago25-area-traveled.tmg
4 dc20-area-traveled.tmg
13 DC-region-traveled.tmg
3 kc20-area-traveled.tmg
4 MAF-region-traveled.tmg
4 MD-region-traveled.tmg
5 mhc25-area-traveled.tmg
3 MS-region-traveled.tmg
9 naples25-area-traveled.tmg
3 NJ-region-traveled.tmg
5 nyc20-area-traveled.tmg
3 NY-region-traveled.tmg
7 siena25-area-traveled.tmg
4 siena50-area-traveled.tmg
3 ubuffalo50-area-traveled.tmg
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 01:20:03 pm »
Using Option 2 to search for graphs, I get "No graphs matched!  Please choose less restrictive filters." unless Graph category is set to All Graphs.
This is the case using any of the Graph format options, searching from 1 to 2000000 vertices.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 01:31:01 pm by yakra »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 03:31:29 pm »
I thought I made sure of what I was posting before I posted. :( Either something changed right after, or I wasn't looking at what I thought I was. The old HDX in the one browser tab I didn't load, perhaps. In any case, I'm not recreating whatever I thought I saw, in whatever graph it was. Disregard.
Okay, I see what's going on. It's another case of going to Load Data Options and loading a second graph without reloading the browser tab causing odd behavior. In this case the colors don't get calibrated properly.
http://yakra.teresco.org/images/

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 08:13:11 pm »
It looks like I need to put some time into general bulletproofing of the system especially as multiple graphs are loaded in succession without a hard reload in between.

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 08:51:59 am »
Using Option 2 to search for graphs, I get "No graphs matched!  Please choose less restrictive filters." unless Graph category is set to All Graphs.
This is the case using any of the Graph format options, searching from 1 to 2000000 vertices.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/EduTools/issues/248