Author Topic: IA: IA 60 south endpoint naming question  (Read 246 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
IA: IA 60 south endpoint naming question
« on: December 20, 2022, 10:49:30 pm »
Just got around to updating some stuff I did after Thanksgiving, and I noticed that the south endpoint of IA 60 was "US75". Since it's a numbered exit, would 120(75) be more appropriate here? Or since it's an endpoint does it matter? Just curious on this.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:10:15 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: IA: IA 60 south endpoint naming question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 09:08:03 am »
Just got around to updating some stuff I did after Thanksgiving, and I noticed that the south endpoint of IA 60 was "US75". Since it's a numbered exit, would 120(75) be more appropriate here? Or since it's an endpoint does it matter? Just curious on this.

That's the only intersection of IA 60 and US 75. So no need to use "120(75)" to disambiguate.

IA 60 has a few exit-numbered waypoints in some other route segments. That might be a better reason to relabel as 120 (rather than 120(75)), but IMO not enough to require the change.

I would leave that label alone.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Re: IA: IA 60 south endpoint naming question
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 09:13:56 am »
Well that answers my question! Probably no need to bother Highway63 with this then.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton