Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

NV: I-15 Exits 43/44 & other missing exits

<< < (2/3) > >>

neroute2:
Looks like 1PPI should apply to the diamond at D and Washington. There is clear half access between US 93 and the diamond, so there's no need to separate any overlap.

oscar:

--- Quote from: neroute2 on January 28, 2023, 03:43:38 pm ---Looks like 1PPI should apply to the diamond at D and Washington. There is clear half access between US 93 and the diamond, so there's no need to separate any overlap.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Yet another reason to remove exit 43.

It's not too late for me to pull in the change.

yakra:

--- Quote from: neroute2 on January 28, 2023, 03:43:38 pm ---Looks like 1PPI should apply to the diamond at D and Washington.

--- End quote ---
True. Only 0.14 mi apart as Oscar notes above.

--- Quote from: neroute2 on January 28, 2023, 03:43:38 pm ---There is clear half access between US 93 and the diamond, so there's no need to separate any overlap.

--- End quote ---
Faulty logic. The wording implies a causal relationship, when there is none. These 2 items are unrelated. Half access here has no bearing on what happens to the SW, between D St and US95.

Regardless, I've said my piece on that upthread, and Oscar's said his.

neroute2:

--- Quote from: yakra on January 30, 2023, 08:35:38 am ---
--- Quote from: neroute2 on January 28, 2023, 03:43:38 pm ---There is clear half access between US 93 and the diamond, so there's no need to separate any overlap.

--- End quote ---
Faulty logic. The wording implies a causal relationship, when there is none. These 2 items are unrelated. Half access here has no bearing on what happens to the SW, between D St and US95.

--- End quote ---
Half access is always enough to add a graph connection.

[edit] Are you suggesting putting graph connections at both interchanges, but breaking the overlap in between? WTF?

yakra:

--- Quote from: neroute2 on January 30, 2023, 12:47:22 pm ---Half access is always enough to add a graph connection.

--- End quote ---
Generally, yes. Notwithstanding obvious exceptions like trumpets etc. of course.
I believe the strictest interpretation of the manual would have one point on I-15, midway between D St & NV578, and another point in the NV578 centered on the roadway itself, so no graph connection. That said though, A lot of people seem to be moving away from this in favor of having a graph connection, and putting a point "off-center" on one route if there's another route in the HB, at junctions like this one. Which makes sense, really. Maybe it's time to update the manual, mumble mumble...

--- Quote from: neroute2 on January 30, 2023, 12:47:22 pm ---[edit] Are you suggesting putting graph connections at both interchanges,

--- End quote ---
If by "both" you mean the I-15/US95 junction and Exit 44, sure...

--- Quote from: neroute2 on January 30, 2023, 12:47:22 pm ---but breaking the overlap in between? WTF?

--- End quote ---
If it were my state to maintain, maybe, sure, yeah. (Though I did concede above that I can see the logic in not doing so as well. NV is Oscar's state to maintain as he sees fit, and so I can't & won't fight it all the way to the end of the Earth.)
I-15 & US93 are clearly carried on different physical roadways here.
For similar examples in my states to this idea, point mapview at
Providence, 95/195 jct
or a more mind-bending example & possibly my personal favorite, Fall River, @ US6, MA79 & MA138.
Select "Color by Concurrencies". The effects are most visible with "Highlight None".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version