Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

IN: I-90 at US 41 (Exit 5)

(1/1)

Markkos1992:
I think that the I-90(5) point on US 41 should be added to I-90 for the purposes of a graph connection since US 41 directly connects to I-90 EB here..

mapcat, you may have been planning on doing this later in the year.

mapcat:
This is on my list of things to investigate this summer.

nwi_irish96:
This is pretty near where I live.  I-90 Exit 5 is a little strange.  The Eastbound exit ramp puts you out right at Calumet and 142nd (not currently a waypoint).  The Westbound exit/entrance ramps are from 141st street a bit east of Calumet (with a waypoint at Calumet labeled 141stSt), and the Eastbound entrance ramp is on Calumet a bit north of 141st street (labeled I-90(5)).  If, in your travels, you only use the Eastbound exit at this interchange and then travel south on Calumet, you never pass through the two existing waypoints.  I guess the most accurate way to fix this would be to add a waypoint called 142ndSt, since I-90(5) is already used. 

Side note: For I-90, the Exit 5 waypoint is directly on the Westbound exit ramp and perhaps for best accuracy should be moved halfway between the Eastbound and Westbound ramps.

Markkos1992:

--- Quote ---I guess the most accurate way to fix this would be to add a waypoint called 142ndSt, since I-90(5) is already used.
--- End quote ---

I honestly do not think that this is necessary.

--- Quote ---Side note: For I-90, the Exit 5 waypoint is directly on the Westbound exit ramp and perhaps for best accuracy should be moved halfway between the Eastbound and Westbound ramps.
--- End quote ---

If the distance is at least 0.5 miles between the ramps, then there should definitely be two points on I-90 here based on the manual.

mapcat:
Okay, I can see this being useful. Calling it 5a since 5 needs to be at the point for the actual I-90 exit 5. https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/4998

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version