Highway Data Discussion > Updates to Highway Data

NY: NY 17 by Hillburn and its concurrencies with I-87 and I-287

<< < (3/3)

yakra:
I agree with changing the route to match the consistent signage in the field, route logs notwithstanding.
I'd like to do so in a way that maintains a sensible graph connection without adding a new point or going overboard on density.
Maybe if Exit 15A were recentered here or here or something... thoughts?

Markkos1992:
I think that the first location is better especially if the intention is to maintain a graph connection with NY 59 as well.  It reminds me of the handling of the north end of NJ 18.

yakra:
Ooh, I failed to take NY59 into account. I have to choose with going >1PPI, putting the point off NY59's centerline, or losing the graph connection.
Right now, leaning toward putting the point off NY59's centerline, and using the first location as you suggested.

I see NJ18 as being a bit of a different animal...
NY59 clearly ends somewhere along Orange Turnpike; the problem with point placement arises from the granularity of the project & 1PPI.
NY18 is signed ending NB on the one road and beginning SB on the other. Point placement here is effectively splitting a couplet.

Markkos1992:
I actually saw end signs for NJ 18 on both Centennial Ave and Possumtown Rd (with a BEGIN sign behind it).  Having said that, I have no issues with leaving NJ 18 as-is or I would have mentioned it in the other thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version