Highway Data Discussion > Updates to Highway Data

I-11 Nevada northern extension

(1/3) > >>

cl94:
As of April 30, Nevada DOT has made the internal changes to redesignate I-515 as I-11. In addition, I-11 has been extended internally up to NV 157. I'm currently on the road, but I will make the change in TM later this week. I-515 will be deprecated, but it will remain a valid label. As of now, there are no imminent exit number changes, so I should be able to do this without breaking list files.

That being said, there's gonna be a little time required to change all of the exit and intersecting road waypoints to reflect that I-11 is the primary designation. Existing waypoint labels should be kept as alternates.

Practice on TM is to include unsigned interstates, so I plan to include the entire thing at this time despite no reported signs north/west of I-15. If signs aren't up yet, they will be soon, as NDOT plans to have the re-signing done this spring. AASHTO approved a while back.

SSOWorld:
There are no plans to add 344 and 335 in OK until they're signed. FYI.

rickmastfan67:
Same thing with I-69 in TN in the Memphis area.  Has full AASHTO & FHWA approval, but we only have it as a 'future' Interstate due to 0 signage.

vdeane:
In those cases, though, isn't it that the state hasn't changed the designation yet?  In the case of I-11, NDOT has, and there are already reports of signage going up, just piecemeal before NDOT does the full roll-out.

cl94:
And that's the thing- part of the extension is already signed. Sure, NDOT is taking their sweet time, but signs are going up along the extension. Signs have been going up for a while. If "signed" was the only thing I was using, I'd have made the change months ago.

I can certainly hold off if there's a clear concensus, but the extension is signed to some degree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version