User Discussions > Other Discussion

New Travels and Stats Discussion

<< < (201/201)

kjslaughter:
My son and I took trip the past 4 days to go see the eclipse from the totality path and I added another state to my list with Indiana.  Drove up from Atlanta to Corydon, IN via TN 111 mostly to cross TN and then zig zag to I-65 and US31W to drive past Fort Knox.  While in Indiana, got a few roads and I-64 back into Louisville to the Louisville Slugger Museum.  On eclipse day, zig zags on some state highways north to Mitchell IN and then another zag on local roads with state highways back to Corydon.  For drive home, wanted to stop by Lincoln Boyhood, but closed on Tuesday, so just stayed on US231 south and then clinched I-165 back towards home via Nashville.  To avoid Chattanooga traffic, got some more pieces of US 41 and US 64 parallel to I-24.

BTW, thrilled to see TDOT finally work on part two to widen I-24 west of I-75 and remove multiple short exit ramps.  Phase one widened I-75 through there but did nothing to expand the merge area from 75N to I-24W, so still backs up for miles.  When complete with new section, maybe it will finally remove the constant backups on I-75 to I-24!

cl94:
Last weekend saw me heading down to Bakersfield for the Bakersfield Road Meet, also attended by several other TM users. Travels to and from the meet brought me up to 52.4% in California, an increase of at least 3%. Included in this were a long section of I-5 (Wheeler Ridge to Santa Nella),  the western half of CA 198, large chunks of US 101 and CA 33, my last missing Bay Area Interstate mileage, a full CA 17 clinch, and a bunch of minor routes in Kern County. Original plan had me getting all missing US 101 mileage between I-405 and I-580, but a major crash south of Gilroy diverted me over to CA 1, allowing for the 17 clinch.

Not included in new TM mileage were a fun high-clearance road accessing the Carrizo Plain (Elkhorn Grade Road), a county-maintained freeway near Bakersfield, and Donner Pass in the snow.

drebbin37:
This week's drive from CT to IL and back brought my total mileage in Active+Preview over 100,000 (still 300 mi short of that milestone in Active systems for now).

Highlights included filling some gaps on IN US6 & PA US20.  Now I'm left with 4 small gaps on US6 east of the Mississippi and 8 of them on US20 in the same part of the country.  After many years of shunpiking, I finally drove my last section of I-80 this side of NE I-76 for $4 worth of the Ohio Turnpike.  I figured I'd better do it before they wind up going cashless, like everyone else seems to be doing.  I also finished my last 5 miles of I-79 in Erie.  New numbers added to my driven list on this trip were: 502 (PA), 957 (PA), and 600 (OH).  I'll need to go farther south to gather my lowest missing numbers (381, 382, 398, 399).

Lowlights were slogging through the entire length of OH303 and dealing with road closures on IN110 and IN2.

I also got to drive the Lincoln Highway '1928 Route' in Indiana from Bourbon to Columbia City.  It was very well signed and matched usatr exactly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version