Author Topic: LA: Interstate and US Route Waypoint Issues  (Read 4135 times)

Offline cenlaroads

• Last Login:Yesterday at 08:38:05 pm
LA: Interstate and US Route Waypoint Issues
« on: January 17, 2024, 02:01:02 pm »
I’ve found a few waypoint errors for LA’s interstates and US highways.  Apologies if any of these are actually my own misunderstanding of the waypoint labeling rules.

I-55:

Exit 46 is incorrectly labeled “47”

US 51:

OldLA1040 -> OldBRHwy     - The road is signed as Old Baton Rouge Hwy.

LA3260 -> ChuSt     - LA 3260 is decommissioned.  Church St. is the road's local name.

US 71:

DryBayRd -> NurHomeRd     - The cross street has different names on either side of US 71, but only Nursing Home Rd. is signed.  The sign for Dry Bayou Rd. has been missing for years based on prior GSV imagery.  I'm not sure if this warrants a waypoint name change, but I figured I would mention it.

US 80:

DumRd -> DumLineRd     - The local road's name is Dummy Line Rd.

FredMorRd -> QueRd     - The local road's name is Quebec Rd.

ColRd     - This appears to be a private driveway.  Should it be replaced with a shaping point?

US 90:

LouSt -> JohJacBlvd or JJJBlvd ?   - The name on the street blade was changed to Johnny Jackson Jr. Blvd. in the past couple of years.

US 165:

HidRidRd - This waypoint is not positioned correctly.

LA125Spr -> Hwy125Spr   ?     - LA 125 Spur is an unsigned state highway, but there is a street blade that says Hwy 125 Spur.  I'm not sure if this warrants a change.

US 190:

7thAve_E -> 6thAve_E     - The street's name is 6th Ave.

LA3260 -> ChuSt     - See note for US 51.

FloSt_W - > CauApp     - The street is signed as E. Causeway Approach.  Florida St. is the name of US 190 itself.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:25:31 pm
Re: LA: Interstate and US Route Waypoint Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 06:46:15 pm »
No worries. This is useful, but not particularly necessary, as neroute1 already provided a nice long list that I have yet to go through. Low priority at the moment. But please keep those reroutes, truncations, and deletions coming whenever you discover them!
Clinched:

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 08:58:42 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 07:28:24 pm »
Yeah, I have a long list for mapcat that I can always copy/paste these changes to whenever you see them.  That is what I have done here.

Offline cenlaroads

• Last Login:Yesterday at 08:38:05 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 12:33:54 pm »
Ok, sounds good.  I didn't realize there was already a list.  Is it on the forum somewhere?  If I run across anything, I'll check to make sure it hasn't already been reported.  I'll continue to keep an eye on the truncations, etc.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 08:58:42 pm
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 12:54:56 pm »
Ok, sounds good.  I didn't realize there was already a list.  Is it on the forum somewhere?  If I run across anything, I'll check to make sure it hasn't already been reported.  I'll continue to keep an eye on the truncations, etc.

No, it is just in a Google Doc so that mapcat does not feel that these changes need to be done five minutes after posting here.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:25:31 pm
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 02:32:23 pm »
I-55 exit number and references to LA 3260 addressed here: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7172
Clinched: