Author Topic: usaco (Colorado State Highways)  (Read 7678 times)

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:48:31 am
Re: usaco (Colorado State Highways)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:12 pm »
Of course - I lost sight of this when the red mist descended. I was a real grump - don't take it personally. Other stuff (not to mention the awful weather that has thankfully stopped and turned out nice, lightening my mood a lot) had wound me up, and this was merely a small rock that caused an avalanche of annoyance.

I came out far too strong in opposition to you, and for that, I unreservedly apologise.

Most of your review was good stuff, and I've implemented it.

No worries. I can see now how some of my words could have come across as arrogant or combative. It wasn't intentional.
Clinched:

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 12:14:27 pm »
Regarding the use of too much Google data, I don't know what made Tim decide several years ago that we needed to get CHM off of that data, but something made him to go the trouble of not using it.  I wish I knew what happened to force the switch away.

IIRC, it was decided that what we were doing could be construed as "tracing" Google's map:
Quote from: Tim
The gray areas are "fair use" and "no tracing." I think we could make arguments either way for both areas for our work.
http://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines.html

In lieu of knowing with certainty if we're complying with permissions, it would be better to only be able to make the argument that we aren't stretching permissions, hence the switch to less restricted data that clearly allows our usage.

OSM collaborators are instructed to completely avoid using commercial sources like Google and Yahoo (with the exception of imagery provided by Yahoo with special permission) even for picking out coordinates. They took the safest and perhaps smartest approach by using only public domain sources.
(This post in this thread)
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 08:02:47 pm »
CO470: has exit numbers
Not signed, AFAICS.

I've made the other changes, and moved the pointers for 58, 470 and E470 to be part of usaco (and be the usaco versions of the files), rather than usansf.

I believe this system is ready to be activated.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:31:05 am by si404 »
Clinched:

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:11:32 am
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 03:31:07 pm »
CO470: has exit numbers
Not signed, AFAICS.

I've made the other changes, and moved the pointers for 58, 470 and E470 to be part of usaco (and be the usaco versions of the files), rather than usansf.

I believe this system is ready to be activated.
Whoops! That's me, I clicked the modify button rather than the quote button. And I forgot a few things I didn't do.

Other changes made -
remove CO57
split CO60 at I-25 Frontage Rd
split CO67 (Woodland Park) at Cripple Creek
extended CO79 at south end
add CO90 (Montrose)
moved the point for I-25 on CO96
split CO105 at WolRd and El Paso/Douglas county line, truncated south end to Jackson Creek Pkwy
moved point for US50 on CO109 (and mapcat suggested making a route for the linking roads, but as it wasn't signed away from CO109 as CO109, I didn't)
didn't add CO110 as suggested as unsigned/now CR110 (and there was another, with a similar situation).
put the exit numbers for CO115's freeway section
split CO128 at CO121 and US287 and extended the western portion beyond I-25
remove CO187
truncated CO196 so its west end is US287
added exit 41 on CO470

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 10:00:53 pm »
I agree it's ready for activation now.
Clinched: