Highway Data Discussion > Completed Highway Systems Threads

dnkmr: Denmark Margueritruten

(1/6) > >>

michih:
System is ready for peer-review (2512mi): http://travelmapping.net/hb/index.php?sys=dnkmr

si404:
Viborg
 - SR519_AstW -> SR519_Ast
 - SR519_AstE -> SR519/535
 - SR517_X - I don't like the choices of X here. _N has the SR517 heading south, _S has the SR517 heading north, there's a W-S concurrency and an E-N one. I think each concurrency should be E-W or N-S (doesn't matter which), and either use different, or use the same pair of cardinal directions but add village names.
 - SR503_W -> SR503_Vej
 - PR52_W -> PR52_S (MR heads west, but PR52 heads south-south-east. Concurrency paired with _N)
 - PR52_S -> PR52_Vin
 - PR26/SR186 is off, and would need to be PR26/186
 - SR503_N -> SR503_W
 - SR180_RanW -> SR180_RanN

Svendborg
 - PR8_W -> PR8_Hor
 - PR8_S -> PR8_Faa or PR43/44
 - PR8_N -> PR8_W (I really don't get how you got _N at all here!)
 - LehVej_W -> LehVej_E (concurrency)
 - LehVej_E -> JuuVej
 - SR305/PR9 -> PR9_E or PR9_Sim
 - add point for SteVej (also SR305) as leads to correctly labelled SteVej_N

There's a systematic issue with your cardinal directions where they just make no sense half the time.

--- Quote ---For the multiplex splits, add a suffix: an underscore followed by a direction letter. The direction letter should match the signed direction the concurrent route is splitting toward. US80_W in the US25 file means that US 80 heads west from US 25 at that point but is concurrent to the east.

If a non-exit-numbered highway is a cross road twice, add an underscored suffix. The direction letter refers to the relative position of the intersection along the route whose file is being made. US90_S is the southern of the two US 90 junctions along US 25, which runs S-N.

If a non-exit-numbered highway is a cross road a third time, a suffixless label is an option.

If more than two points for the same non-exit-numbered cross road are needed, there are two options which can be used in combination with or ignoring the previous options for pairs of identical labels.
1. Use alphabetical suffixes _A, _B, _C, etc.
2. Choose 3-letter suffixes for nearby towns if they are fairly close. The 3-letter suffix should be the first 3 letters of the town name. or a desired 3-letter abbreviation if the name consists of more than one word. Add a suffix with an underscore and those 3 letters.
--- End quote ---

And also, there's a systematic issue with PRxx/SRyyy points

--- Quote ---Drop the prefix of the second highway if it is more than one character long. A5/A6 becomes A5/A6. I-5/I-6 becomes I-5/6. I-25/US50 becomes I-25/50.
--- End quote ---

michih:

--- Quote from: si404 on July 05, 2020, 06:38:34 am ---There's a systematic issue with your cardinal directions where they just make no sense half the time.
--- End quote ---

I know. I got this totally wrong when I read the manual in 2015/16.
When the "other" route (concurrent or intersecting) was a W-E route, I used _W + _E. When it was N-S, I used _N + _S route. To be honest, I never changed my way although I read the rule again a few weeks ago - but I should!

--- Quote from: si404 on July 05, 2020, 06:38:34 am ---And also, there's a systematic issue with PRxx/SRyyy points
--- End quote ---

I think dnkmr is my first system with 2-letter prefix (eurtr routes in DEU-BY* too) and I was not sure how to deal with PR + SR in a label. I've checked all MR routes for this now: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/4029

*Locally fixed.

michih:

--- Quote ---For the multiplex splits, add a suffix: an underscore followed by a direction letter. The direction letter should match the signed direction the concurrent route is splitting toward. US80_W in the US25 file means that US 80 heads west from US 25 at that point but is concurrent to the east.
--- End quote ---

I've never seen a "signed direction" anywhere except of in NA. Is the whole paragraph meaningless when there are no signed directions?

Just a random example:

--- Code: ---D124_??? http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.639890&lon=5.109251
D313 http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.640102&lon=5.122056
D124/D125 http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.644014&lon=5.132868
--- End code ---

Should it be D123_W since it is first heading west or D124_S since the main direction is south and the other main direction is north? Or - if the rule does not apply lack of direction signs - should I do it as desired?

si404:
It's understable the systematic issue - and thanks for cleaning them up.

When it comes to a "signed direction" when no direction is signed, I've tended to go instinctively with whether its a rough E-W or N-S alignment and then applied that to the concurrency. Circular routes are more absolute directions (eg you had an O_S and O_E and that seemed fine to me), and if there's two concurrencies and it doesn't look silly then you can go with E-W for one, N-S for the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version