Author Topic: frabfcdXX: Bourgogne-Franche-Comte Routes Départementales  (Read 9895 times)

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
Re: frabfcdXX: Bourgogne-Franche-Comte Routes Départementales
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 02:34:38 pm »
D17 - D130 -> HSa/TeB (as D130 is in a different system)

You convinced me doing so when reviewing one of the first frad systems.
When there's a road of same system...

And you do the border point every other time.
btw, I will be traveling for the next three weeks. I will be processing the reviews "afterwards".
you might have a full inbox! But no worries about delays.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:44:01 pm
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2022, 03:18:13 pm »
D17 - D130 -> HSa/TeB (as D130 is in a different system)

You convinced me doing so when reviewing one of the first frad systems.
When there's a road of same system...

And you do the border point every other time.

I failed finding your proposal in this thread, fraidf or frahdf. Where else did we talk about departement / district border label names? I'm sure that I was told to replace Xxx/Yyy non-region border labels by the road number of the route beyond the border. Minimum when the border / wp is at a junction. Which regions out of France have systems changing at district borders? I think it's important because there are a lot of wp labels named according to this approach... Was it when talking about wp label rules?

btw, I will be traveling for the next three weeks. I will be processing the reviews "afterwards".
you might have a full inbox! But no worries about delays.

I don't worry since your peer-review-to-be-processed backlog is also still quite long ;) I'd love to have gufd done soon. It's small and the last chocolate system in rest of America.

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2022, 07:56:34 am »
I failed finding your proposal in this thread, fraidf or frahdf. Where else did we talk about departement / district border label names? I'm sure that I was told to replace Xxx/Yyy non-region border labels by the road number of the route beyond the border. Minimum when the border / wp is at a junction. Which regions out of France have systems changing at district borders? I think it's important because there are a lot of wp labels named according to this approach... Was it when talking about wp label rules?

I did say this one, but it's not the route over the border:
D924
 - HDF/IDF -> D929
but that's as it meets D929 in that system and region. In fact it also meets D4 from that system, but not in that region.

And here, I ask you to rename a point which you've named after the intersecting side street rather than the border. Note that I don't have you call it D54a (the departmental road in Nord), but instead the border.
D163Oig - RueFus -> PdC/Nor (no intersecting route, but the route on the continuation of this route on the other side of the border)

I believe the confusion is coming from this one:
D173 - Yvl/HdS_N -> Yvl/HdS, Yvl/HdS_E -> D907 (I know the D907 is in HdS, and the D307 ends at this point, but a border point in middle of the route is wrong)
You will, however, note that I explicitly make a comment that the route I'm asking you to label is in a different department (and system) due to the mutual assumption that this was not good labelling, but point out that it's better than the terrible alternative we start with.

Which regions out of France have systems changing at district borders?
Obviously there's the Corse/Alsace exceptions where two departments share a system because the departments don't maintain roads but the collectivity does, and a few places where one department maintains a route in another department, but the Route Departmental systems explicitly change at departmental boundaries such as these - after all that's sort of their whole schtick!

And all-but-two of the routes I've reviewed so far have used departmental boundary labels where the route ends at one (providing it doesn't meet another route of the same system at that point). Both of which are in this system - and are exceptional even within this small system - at least 10 times that number of points use the boundary labels within this system, despite that system being small.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2022, 03:34:12 pm »
I believe the confusion is coming from this one:
D173 - Yvl/HdS_N -> Yvl/HdS, Yvl/HdS_E -> D907 (I know the D907 is in HdS, and the D307 ends at this point, but a border point in middle of the route is wrong)
You will, however, note that I explicitly make a comment that the route I'm asking you to label is in a different department (and system) due to the mutual assumption that this was not good labelling, but point out that it's better than the terrible alternative we start with.

Yep, I believe you are right. But it's not at the end of the route, so totally different than D17-90's wp. :pan:
You will face similar shit in other systems. Please report it and I'll change it. Thanks.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
Re: frabfcd90 - Territoire de Belfort Routes Departementales
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2022, 03:51:41 pm »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6084

D29 - D60 -> RueAer

Nope, D60 is signed on 2018 and 2019 GSV, confirmed by OSM, GM and my beloved wikisara. Extended D60 instead.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2022, 03:51:46 pm »
Further comments on frabfcd90 - Territoire de Belfort Routes Départementales before activation?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2022, 05:19:39 pm »
Looks like you've addressed my comments, and the extending the D60 shows that you've given the system a look too. So it's double thumbs up from me!

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2022, 01:43:09 pm »
frabfcd90 - Territoire de Belfort Routes Départementales will be activated with the next site update.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2023, 12:19:33 pm »
frabfcm21 - Dijon Métropole Routes Métropolitaines will be in preview with the next site update. 38 routes for 85 miles.

It is a preliminary draft since Sep/Oct 2020 GSV does not yet cover the whole metropolian area and the both end locations of the routes are not clear (unlike Lille where I have a map clearly indicating the routes). See readme for more info. I just drafted the system to know more or less the transitions to the D route system so that I can draft frabfcd21 system now - the last one of the region :)

Checked. Looks fine. Virtually no changes related to GSV coverage. I changed the D/M transition labels to the municipality since the wps are exactly at the boundaries: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6323

frabfcd21 and frabfcm21 are also ready for peer-review now.