Author Topic: New Travels and Stats Discussion  (Read 147605 times)

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:05:41 am
Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Reply #810 on: September 18, 2022, 11:35:54 am »
Pretty sure work was started on Central America.

https://travelmapping.net/hb/index.php?units=miles&sys=naca

Didn't seem to get far in terms of being 'online'.

Offline Bickendan

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:13:14 pm
« Reply #811 on: September 20, 2022, 07:25:04 pm »
Took a quick drive up to St Helens to investigate I-30's attempts to infiltrate the Pacific Northwest, and indeed, found a well-signed I-30 Business Loop here in Oregon.
Walked around St Helens' plaza for a few minutes to check out their annual Halloweentown festivities, happy to see a Spanish-style plaza here in my relative backyard.
Stopped by Fred Meyer in Scappoose on the way back to grab some caulking to plug up an ant entry in my kitchen and slogged back through traffic in Portland.

Offline cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:50:49 pm
« Reply #812 on: September 20, 2022, 11:27:47 pm »
Took a drive out to Ely last weekend, which brought me to a hair over 30% in Nevada. Clinched NV 379, NV 439, NV 487, NV 488, UT 159, CA 158, and the roads inside Great Basin National Park over the weekend, as well as US 6, US 50, and US 395 within Nevada.

Offline nezinscot

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:September 22, 2022, 05:42:39 pm
« Reply #813 on: September 21, 2022, 05:25:35 pm »
I took several day trips out to northern and western Vermont in August and was finally able to complete Vermont.  I've now clinched all the roads in the six New England states, all on day trips except for Aroostook County Maine.

In terms of scenery I'd rate the states Vermont >> Maine > New Hampshire > Connecticut > Massachusetts >> Rhode Island.

I used most of the Vermont/Quebec border crossings that month, and the Canadian authorities began wondering why I was taking so many short trips into southern Quebec.  Research about Empire Loyalist ancestors.  Which I did do.

Offline jayhawkco

• Last Login:September 22, 2022, 05:37:47 pm
« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2022, 04:05:46 pm »
I know they're not in TM yet, but I got some good mileage in Honduras and Nicaragua this past week.

Nicaragua
NIC-1, NIC-3 (clinched), NIC-4, NIC-39, and NN-222 (clinched)

Honduras
CA-3, CA-1, CA-13, and CA-5 (a beautiful drive)

Interesting!  Are the highways in these two countries defined accurately enough and signed well enough to make it possible to add them to TM?

Definitely signed well at junctions. Reassurance markers are few and far between but do exist. I'm not sure about definitions and such. I tried to log onto the transportation ministry site in Nicaragua and got denied. I know we don't necessary want to go off of it, but everything that Google Maps had seemed accurate when I was there.