Author Topic: usaca: California State Highways  (Read 135253 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:24:33 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: usaca: California State Highways
« Reply #420 on: September 19, 2022, 07:13:20 pm »

Online si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
« Reply #421 on: September 21, 2022, 05:35:11 am »
Checking over my travels in CA, I noticed that CA1 between exits 66B and 68 of US101 near Ventura is missing a shaping point that US101 has, breaking the concurrency.

Also, OSM and GM have a different routing for CA1 at Oxnard (along Rice Ave bypassing the city, rather than Oxnard Blvd through it). Streetview doesn't have any CA1 signs along Rice (even July 2022 imagery southbound), and there's a few on Oxnard (though the imagery is older) albeit not at the ends, so you are more likely to be right than the maps, but there might have been a recent relocation.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #422 on: September 21, 2022, 09:12:31 am »
Checking over my travels in CA, I noticed that CA1 between exits 66B and 68 of US101 near Ventura is missing a shaping point that US101 has, breaking the concurrency.

That and another shaping point was just added to US 101, to separate that route on Mapview from the nearby US 101 Business in Ventura, and also improve shaping on US 101 which was just barely within tolerance. But I forgot to add the new shaping points to CA 1. Pull request to fix this: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/6033

Also, OSM and GM have a different routing for CA1 at Oxnard (along Rice Ave bypassing the city, rather than Oxnard Blvd through it). Streetview doesn't have any CA1 signs along Rice (even July 2022 imagery southbound), and there's a few on Oxnard (though the imagery is older) albeit not at the ends, so you are more likely to be right than the maps, but there might have been a recent relocation.

This has long been a source of consternation on the AARoads forum. Basically, Caltrans has long been planning to reroute CA 1 over Rice Ave., but is unwilling to adopt Rice into the state highway system until a new bridge is built to take Rice over a busy rail crossing. Some progress has been made on getting the bridge built. But until it is open and Rice is added to the system, there is no link signed on US 101 to take travelers to CA 1 along the coast to Malibu. The HB's CA 1 routing includes Oxnard Blvd., which has been turned over to local maintenance. That's like other CA 1 segments in Santa Monica, Newport Beach, and Dana Point, which remain in the HB for continuity, since travelers can easily follow the former route (with some help from locally-maintained route signage) through those cities to continue on CA 1.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:56:37 am by oscar »

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:54:00 am
« Reply #423 on: September 21, 2022, 03:27:13 pm »
Also, OSM and GM have a different routing for CA1 at Oxnard
Looks like Danno722 needs a reversion.

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:26:16 pm
« Reply #424 on: September 21, 2022, 06:53:42 pm »
And I have that segment marked clinched even though I drove Rice.

The reality as I see it is that CA 1 essentially has a gap in existence through Oxnard with no single correct routing since it was relinquished and there aren't signs. Super pedantically, one could argue CA 1 should be cut in two for the time being on account of this, but eh, not worth it given there are plans to put the route back together again which do appear to be something more than vaporware.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
« Reply #425 on: September 21, 2022, 11:12:15 pm »
usaca is now an active system.

As noted above, I deferred some changes affecting users' list files (such as last Thursday's reroute of part of CA 132 in Modesto) until activation, so that users could be notified of those changes in Updates to Highway Data, followed by entries in the Highway Data Updates table. Several such changes will be posted in Updates to Highway Data in the next few days.